Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 206 Fuel Consumption (fc) Database

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply

dd84

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

dd84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 13 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when you say cilok maybe safe to you , but not for others..... safe must be for all road user ......

i only cilok if there is sufficient space to get into...
and before cilok must beware of any bike coming from behind...and must gives signal at the 1st place.
that y i said i know what is my driving limit because i know what im doing is totally safe(sentuh kayu)..hehehe.
btw, tqvm 4 u advice smile_thumbup.gif

kite sudah off topic la i think...better chiow!
fazd|

ain206

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (dd84 @ May 13 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i only cilok if there is sufficient space to get into...
and before cilok must beware of any bike coming from behind...and must gives signal at the 1st place.
that y i said i know what is my driving limit because i know what im doing is totally safe(sentuh kayu)..hehehe.
btw, tqvm 4 u advice smile_thumbup.gif

kite sudah off topic la i think...better chiow!

yup we better chiow 4 ..... anyway i like when you said "sentuh kayu"........ ph34r.gif

Ravenroy

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

Ravenroy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (Ravenroy @ Apr 21 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daily distance use 55km. Weekend 150km

Contributor : Raven
Reading Number : Ravenroy
Vehicle : Bestari Peugeot 206
Engine code : TU3JP
Engine type : 1.4L 8V
Engine modification : Stock
Transmission type : Auto
Fuel brand : Petronas
Fuel type : Petrol, Unleaded, RON97
Reading Type : Car Telemetry
Distance Traveled : 3000 km
Petrol full tank till yellow led on: 520KM / 40 Litters. (Petronas) - already calculated x2 same figure use Petronas.
Driving style: moderate once in a while give max push for the car.

Saturday night petrol pump in day for my car. Just pump in Shell. Will update next Sun. Mileage i get from Shell.

I'm getting extra 40 to 50 km using Shell ron97 (green). Already tried 3 full tank filling. smile_thumbup.gif

Raven

Andy214

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (Ravenroy @ May 14 2009, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm getting extra 40 to 50 km using Shell ron97 (green). Already tried 3 full tank filling. smile_thumbup.gif

Somehow for me it's opposite? I notice Petronas gives the best FC.
So far, I've tried Petronas, Shell, Caltex and BHP.

When use other Fuel other than Petronas, my trip computer recorded additional about 1L/100KM! Shocking, but somehow it "feels" that Petronas fuel is more "dirty" and sometimes it's hard to start the car or have rough starting.
No idea why, recently my friend called me talking about Fuel too, and he ask my opinion, when I said I feel Petronas fuel is more dirty, he tell me "you feel that too?".
On May 1st TT, one of the member also tell me the same thing.

I don't know why and what's wrong, which Fuel to use? I've been using Petronas since long ago and having Mesra Kad. Recently they change new Mesra Kad, I haven't change it yet....... aih... my points...

Anybody have detailed info on the Fuel? How come some people have better mileage on different fuel or maybe I need to check with the same engine breed. Is there really which Fuel is dirty/clean, which has better additives or not-so-good additives, etc?

As for BHP, I remember when I first pump it somewhere in 2007 it's quite good? But recently, I can't feel any difference? Psychological? Or something has change? During 1st Mat TT, someone got mentioned that when BHP first started (change from BP), the Petrol is good, but I don't know when is it or is it the same time?

smile_blackeye.gif

ain206

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ May 14 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When use other Fuel other than Petronas, my trip computer recorded additional about 1L/100KM! Shocking, but somehow it "feels" that Petronas fuel is more "dirty" and sometimes it's hard to start the car or have rough starting.
No idea why, recently my friend called me talking about Fuel too, and he ask my opinion, when I said I feel Petronas fuel is more dirty, he tell me "you feel that too?".

I don't know why and what's wrong, which Fuel to use? I've been using Petronas since long ago and having Mesra Kad. Recently they change new Mesra Kad, I haven't change it yet....... aih... my points...

Anybody have detailed info on the Fuel? How come some people have better mileage on different fuel or maybe I need to check with the same engine breed. Is there really which Fuel is dirty/clean, which has better additives or not-so-good additives, etc?

As for BHP, I remember when I first pump it somewhere in 2007 it's quite good? But recently, I can't feel any difference? Psychological? Or something has change? During 1st Mat TT, someone got mentioned that when BHP first started (change from BP), the Petrol is good, but I don't know when is it or is it the same time?

smile_blackeye.gif

andy first of all get yr new mesra card and transfer all yr point from the old real reward to the new one....... form is available at all petronas station......... you'll get yr replacement card on the spot. The form will be send to their card center to update the data and transfer of points......

on the usage of the petrol brand......... i had used various brands of petrol on my other car and observed the mileage........
i notice there are not much difference on the milage.......... i still get an average 450 to 500km per tank full on alomost all brand.... so to me it makes not much different ........ it boils down to preference.......... hence i stick to petronas ....

on whether which petrol dirty and which is not......... i think basically the base is abt the same only the additive make the different............ each co spend million in investment to produce a high standard product properly tested so i dont think the petrol is "dirty"

the only think that is dirty maybe our mind ..... sakit hati with petronas we say it's bad, no petronas station near our house we say it's bad....... shell give ferarri we say it's good.............

as for me all petrol brand are no good becos it pollutes but we just cant get away with it becos i love driving...... especailly PEUGEOT.........

Andy214

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 14 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
andy first of all get yr new mesra card and transfer all yr point from the old real reward to the new one....... form is available at all petronas station......... you'll get yr replacement card on the spot. The form will be send to their card center to update the data and transfer of points......

on the usage of the petrol brand......... i had used various brands of petrol on my other car and observed the mileage........
i notice there are not much difference on the milage.......... i still get an average 450 to 500km per tank full on alomost all brand.... so to me it makes not much different ........ it boils down to preference.......... hence i stick to petronas ....

on whether which petrol dirty and which is not......... i think basically the base is abt the same only the additive make the different............ each co spend million in investment to produce a high standard product properly tested so i dont think the petrol is "dirty"

the only think that is dirty maybe our mind ..... sakit hati with petronas we say it's bad, no petronas station near our house we say it's bad....... shell give ferarri we say it's good.............

as for me all petrol brand are no good becos it pollutes but we just cant get away with it becos i love driving...... especailly PEUGEOT.........

ain206,

hehe, thanks.

I'm not against any petrol brand, just that I don't know why my car has rougher starting most of the time with Petronas. I don't know why or any reason, possibly the oil characteristic is different from others? And there is black dirty (soot?) at the exhaust after some time driving, hence I feel it's dirty (probably too rich?). But, I just read from uncleD blog that these are due to incomplete combustion due to higher octane fuel used?
Anyway, I tested V-Power on my current tank, and I also notice same thing on the exhaust.

Honestly, I don't really care their marketing gimmick of Ferrari, (maybe they put Lion Fuel I might give in, ahaha). I'm just trying out different fuel to get which could be better, honestly, in terms of performance I don't really feel any (or should say noticeable) difference, except so far Petronas gives me the best FC. Plus, at my area, there's many Petronas station, even along the highway, that's also why I switch to Petronas long ago. My family use Esso (got Esso card), then I switch over since Esso is hard to find, plus,... that time was when Petrol station stop providing credit card service, except Petronas, so I support Petronas. Others just complain about that additional amount they have to cover for customers, that time my thinking is, cannot then just don't do the business, give others do. hahaha

Anyway, let's go back to main topic about Fuel Consumption. smile_big.gif
P/S: If anyone has any technical info, please do share it anyway, smile_big.gif

ain206

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ May 14 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ain206,

hehe, thanks.

I'm not against any petrol brand, just that I don't know why my car has rougher starting most of the time with Petronas. I don't know why or any reason, possibly the oil characteristic is different from others? And there is black dirty (soot?) at the exhaust after some time driving, hence I feel it's dirty (probably too rich?). But, I just read from uncleD blog that these are due to incomplete combustion due to higher octane fuel used?
Anyway, I tested V-Power on my current tank, and I also notice same thing on the exhaust.

Honestly, I don't really care their marketing gimmick of Ferrari, (maybe they put Lion Fuel I might give in, ahaha). I'm just trying out different fuel to get which could be better, honestly, in terms of performance I don't really feel any (or should say noticeable) difference, except so far Petronas gives me the best FC. Plus, at my area, there's many Petronas station, even along the highway, that's also why I switch to Petronas long ago. My family use Esso (got Esso card), then I switch over since Esso is hard to find, plus,... that time was when Petrol station stop providing credit card service, except Petronas, so I support Petronas. Others just complain about that additional amount they have to cover for customers, that time my thinking is, cannot then just don't do the business, give others do. hahaha

Anyway, let's go back to main topic about Fuel Consumption. smile_big.gif
P/S: If anyone has any technical info, please do share it anyway, smile_big.gif

Andy.... no prob and statement not pinpoint to any one ... just an after thought and for discussion sake ....no more no less

fing30.gif

vinnie

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

vinnie

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ May 14 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_blackeye.gif

Andy allow me to asnwer some of your questions. First of all may i say shell and petronas share the same pipeline from refinery plant to the distribution terminal in KV for both petrol and diesel. Hence both fuel are the same, the difference only comes in when they are filling up the tankers with fuel and also the most important part of fuels these days, additives. After doing a survey among our beloved malaysians, the petronas research group found that in general we are concerned with performance. Thus, petronas came up with their own additive with colaboration with a UK company ( sorry can't remember) to produce not only an enfficient fuel but also a fuel which provides more zip. It is 'claimed' the extra hum you hear from the engine is due to the additives playing its role in cleaning the engine. The slightly rough engine performance is also due to this. As we all know there are many way to clean our car, some may like to clean it ourselves, some take to auto wash some do PPS. Similarly, shell and petronas apply different method of 'cleaning' engine. The purpose is the same but the effects are different. My personal opinion is primax 3 provided better acceleration for me and also better FC. Shell consumes more fuel but the engine very smooth. I also did notice my gear change is especially 2 to 3 is at a lower rev using primax 3. However, i can't seem to connect the dots for this. Shell makes the gear change drag longer than usual even when i'm light footed.

Another thing that may be interesting is petrol have to be used within a certain period. There is no way of stocking petrol cuz they hav expiration date as well. The petrol pump which has frequent visits from tankers have the best quality fuel. Also, some petrol fuel are derived from sweet crude and sour crude. Sweet crude petrol has very very clean burn, less sulphur contamination hence better performance. I know only certain petrol pumps receive these fuels on certain days. One of them is the petronas pump at the R&R near Genting Sempah.

Sorry can't explain bout other fuels here in malaysia me expertise lies in petronas only.

Andy214

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 14 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andy.... no prob and statement not pinpoint to any one ... just an after thought and for discussion sake ....no more no less

fing30.gif

ain206,

smile_thumbup.gif
We share we care, ehehe

QUOTE (vinnie @ May 14 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andy allow me to asnwer some of your questions. First of all may i say shell and petronas share the same pipeline from refinery plant to the distribution terminal in KV for both petrol and diesel. Hence both fuel are the same, the difference only comes in when they are filling up the tankers with fuel and also the most important part of fuels these days, additives. After doing a survey among our beloved malaysians, the petronas research group found that in general we are concerned with performance. Thus, petronas came up with their own additive with colaboration with a UK company ( sorry can't remember) to produce not only an enfficient fuel but also a fuel which provides more zip. It is 'claimed' the extra hum you hear from the engine is due to the additives playing its role in cleaning the engine. The slightly rough engine performance is also due to this. As we all know there are many way to clean our car, some may like to clean it ourselves, some take to auto wash some do PPS. Similarly, shell and petronas apply different method of 'cleaning' engine. The purpose is the same but the effects are different. My personal opinion is primax 3 provided better acceleration for me and also better FC. Shell consumes more fuel but the engine very smooth. I also did notice my gear change is especially 2 to 3 is at a lower rev using primax 3. However, i can't seem to connect the dots for this. Shell makes the gear change drag longer than usual even when i'm light footed.

Another thing that may be interesting is petrol have to be used within a certain period. There is no way of stocking petrol cuz they hav expiration date as well. The petrol pump which has frequent visits from tankers have the best quality fuel. Also, some petrol fuel are derived from sweet crude and sour crude. Sweet crude petrol has very very clean burn, less sulphur contamination hence better performance. I know only certain petrol pumps receive these fuels on certain days. One of them is the petronas pump at the R&R near Genting Sempah.

Sorry can't explain bout other fuels here in malaysia me expertise lies in petronas only.

Vinnie,

Good info, thanks. Seems both of us have some similarities in feel of both Shell and Petronas, in terms of FC and engine roughness/smoothness.

Anyway, don't know which to use, usually I prefer those easy to access and have many branch, and also good service. Well, while others talk about FC, I'm more worried about the "soot" thing and carbon build up from which petrol is more, then I try to avoid, hehe smile_big.gif

Ravenroy

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Ravenroy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
I already found suitable Petrol for Nissan which I made survey long time ago. For my Nissan Petronas gave best mileage but abit lack of power. Shell power wise ok but poor mileage. Mobil gave ok but I stay away from BHP cos I feel my car heavy & burns more fuel. So I decide Petronas but sometimes I mix use with Caltex, Esso, Shell & Mobil but most of the time stick to Petronas.

Now my 206 turn to experiment which oil is the best. I started with Petronas. Same driving style (my wife). 3 fill up with Petronas, Now running with Shell 3 fill up average shell saves about 40 to 50km.

Next gonna try Mobil for next fill up. Oil Company advertising gimmicks nothing to do with my experiments.
Raven