Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 206 Fuel Consumption (fc) Database

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply

leroy87

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

leroy87

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
how much does decarbonizing costs and where can i do it?
my FC quite high even though im using a device to safe fuel and increase power..
Im using Anakoji... Could changing to K&N air filter improve performance?
Best regards,
leroy.

intermilan

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
QUOTE (leroy87 @ May 9 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much does decarbonizing costs and where can i do it?
my FC quite high even though im using a device to safe fuel and increase power..
Im using Anakoji... Could changing to K&N air filter improve performance?

1. The decarbonising product normal selling price - RM68 per bottle. 2 bottle RM136 (this is inclusive of labor, where they will do it for you). Most of the time, 1 bottle is more than enough.
For more info on availability at your area, please call the boss himself @ 019-2764645.
Additionally, there are other de-carbonise products in the market too.

2. K&N air filter improve performance? if your's an auto and you want to use drop-in filters, be prepare for almost no gains. but you'll get a nice engine growl that is good to have. if there is performance gains, expect a minimal 1-2 bhp gains at best, which is not noticable at all. if gained anything more, very lucky i would say. if its a manual 206, a correct application of cone air filter might added a few horses but still its not much.
to get a little bit more gains that you can actually feel, better use iridim spark plugs than changing air filter. but combine both pun ok. as long as you dont mind the cost.

for bestari, i see it is better to improve the low rev power (<4,000rpm) a.k.a. pickup rather than go for high end power, which we normally seldom use.

However, i suggest not to think so much on improving the performance, unless you don't mind burning money.
Its is very difficult to gain a justifiable power increase (i.e. RM xxx = 1 BHP increase) from a normally-aspirated engine, more so when it is just a 1.4L engine.

3. Most people warned that the many devices sold out there to claiming to safe fuel and increase power usually cannot deliver what they claimed. Or if they did, in order to get your return of investment to breakeven (saving gained = price of the device) need you to drive for too long / too many kilometers.. e.g. 100,000km or 1500,000km). Only after this you get to enjoy the saving.

At least, this is my conclusion / findings based on a 'quite popular' product that was sold for RM299 (promo price) a few years ago. Their own official documents regarding SIRIM testing of their device in a control environment showed a 0.1L/100km saving. They publicly showed this test result documents (during a car show at Bukit Jalil).

Based on rough calculations, for petrol sold at RM1.80/L, user need to drive for 166,111km with the device attached before it's cost breakeven. That is more than 8 years of driving if user average mileage is 20,000km per year. So, no thanks lah. It would took another 8 years to save / gain RM299 (which will become puny at that time cause what can you buy for RM299 in let say 2025?). This is provided petrol price stay at RM1.80/L.

But then again, this subject is up to individual. To me, the 'best device' is always yourself.. smile.gif

Hope that helps, bro.

leroy87

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

leroy87

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
thanks for the tips everyone.. so basically.. use the short shift at lower gears.. man ive been pulling 1st gear normaly above 3-4k rpm most of the time... i must really be taking care of my GB now.. guess i dont wana waste money on air filter then.. just that i cant get the torque i wanted when overtaking thats why.. not really satisfied with the power of 1.4L.. even though i know its a fat and heavy lion but then i realise the acceleration like not responsive unless u change the gear at high RPM.. previously i sent the car for check up and what the SC guy do was just plug in the laptop and scan... when clear analysis he said nothing is wrong .. one day i wish to join u all convoy or TT so that at least i can test drive one of ur lions to see whether the problem is my car or its just a normal issue for 206.. argh!!
got convoy to Melaka pls let me know!!!
Best regards,
leroy.

ain206

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (leroy87 @ May 11 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for the tips everyone.. so basically.. use the short shift at lower gears.. man ive been pulling 1st gear normaly above 3-4k rpm most of the time... i must really be taking care of my GB now.. guess i dont wana waste money on air filter then.. just that i cant get the torque i wanted when overtaking thats why.. not really satisfied with the power of 1.4L.. even though i know its a fat and heavy lion but then i realise the acceleration like not responsive unless u change the gear at high RPM.. previously i sent the car for check up and what the SC guy do was just plug in the laptop and scan... when clear analysis he said nothing is wrong .. one day i wish to join u all convoy or TT so that at least i can test drive one of ur lions to see whether the problem is my car or its just a normal issue for 206.. argh!!

stop comparing and stop driving like you drive other car............... learn the 206 character and think like french...........you'll be smiling all the way with others trailling from behind.....

vinnie

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

vinnie

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

206b is meant to be driven slow but u will be suprised by its capability to handle corners. Besides all the minor issues with the car i think the 206B is defo worth the money under the promotion. If you want power go after andy or tnash, they both got monster cars compared to our 206B hehe...a pleasure to drive though

ain206

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (vinnie @ May 11 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
206b is meant to be driven slow but u will be suprised by its capability to handle corners. Besides all the minor issues with the car i think the 206B is defo worth the money under the promotion. If you want power go after andy or tnash, they both got monster cars compared to our 206B hehe...a pleasure to drive though

drive yr 206B and chase andy/tnash............. sure you will say bestari can fly.......... smile_tongue.gif

xadi

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:34 AM

xadi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 805 posts

Next time when I balik kampung to Melaka, I'll look you up... what's ur number?

Speed does not kill. Stupid driving does
http://aldrieca.blogspot.com/
http://puggy206.blogspot.com/

Andy214

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (vinnie @ May 11 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In corners is a different story already, hehe. I'm gonna start back the convoy to Melaka story, hahaha. That time I was following behind a Bestari 1.4L, new car, completely stock. Man, I'm so amazed at it's handling and road holding, the whole journey I have not heard a single tyre schreeching sound (which I would've heard easily with my previous car and with low profile tyres). Not just that, I actually have hard time keeping up but it was really fun.
What's more surprising, when we're in Melaka, I talk to the driver, he was so "cool" and "relax" when he told me how he drive around the corners, what's more, at certain point, he have the time to take picture with his DSLR! (Please don't try this, smile_big.gif)

Anyway, I'm amaze at the potential of the car especially after discovering more about it. The seniors are even faster, e.g. tnash, intermilan... During the journey back, the journey has very little cars... tnash whose in front of me is missing... and behind me, a fierce looking lion (intermilan) is following very closely, so pressure, haha smile_big.gif
While the other monster (the last in the group), megat is quiet the whole journey, until KLIA part...

The Megat Story (LOL)
When he shows his skill, it's so amazing, like all of us is so far apart (tnash and intemilan has left the group), left all 2.0L monster, one of it was a Xantia. At one of the big corners, the Xantia was challenging a ZX very closely, and I join from behind. All of us were sort of at the peak, very dangerous already, suddenly megat just overtook all of us "just like that", my gf saw him passing us and said "he didn't brake!".
Later we talk about it at Awan Besar, seems he really know and understand his car very well, how it turns, etc.

Well, above is the "incident" that happen last year, what I personally felt and experienced. I just can say, whatever car your drive, know your limit and also the limit of your car, drive safe and enjoy driving.

dd84

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

dd84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ May 13 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, above is the "incident" that happen last year, what I personally felt and experienced. I just can say, whatever car your drive, know your limit and also the limit of your car, drive safe and enjoy driving.

well, actually i know my driving limit but to know the car limit is the hardest part. is the limit until one of ur rear tyre is airboned during taking sharp corner ka?haha

im really not fast driver but i like to cilok here and there when on the road but in safe way la.
im living in shah alam, so negotiating with the roundabout is my expertise smile_clown.gif ,
with 206 handling ability, it makes my "cilok"ing maneuver even easier smile_thumbup.gif

fazd|

ain206

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (dd84 @ May 13 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, actually i know my driving limit but to know the car limit is the hardest part. is the limit until one of ur rear tyre is airboned during taking sharp corner ka?haha

im really not fast driver but i like to cilok here and there when on the road but in safe way la.
im living in shah alam, so negotiating with the roundabout is my expertise smile_clown.gif ,
with 206 handling ability, it makes my "cilok"ing maneuver even easier smile_thumbup.gif

when you say cilok maybe safe to you , but not for others..... safe must be for all road user ......