Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 206 Fuel Consumption (fc) Database

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply

ridt

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
guys i have no idea but i think my fc is very bad. guide on calculating fc via garmin gps pls
http://www.facebook.com/thepadangs

My sweet peugeot 206 1.6 16v

Mod list : k & n typhoon air filter , 4-2-1 mandrel bent custom extractor , full piping s-flow brand topcat 1.6", denso iridium spark plugs, Unichip Q tuned by RS Impressive, 16" OZ rims
Max BHP & torque : 127 bhp @ 6,00rpm , 173 nm @ 4,000rpm (tuned for torque)

intermilan

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
I have not been contributing for a while.
Reason was that the 206 has had a massive 'organs transplant' and thus the more-than-adequate 1.6L engine has since been rested (in peace).

The new power plant is being use without too much concern regarding it FC and thus FC wasn't monitored as before. But i do drive sensibly for most of the time.
I intent to monitor it and contribute the data in the future, perhaps by the end of december or early next year.

Nevertheless, a simple on board FC information (from the multi function display) showed that for the last 5,000km, my average FC is at 8.1L/100km @ ~12.34km/L @ 617km for a full tank of petrol.

Which is not bad at all actually, as this is not far off from the old engine FC figure (based from the multi function display too) which averaging @ 7.8L/100, so just around 4.5% increase.

Still using BHP RON97, no plan to change.

intermilan

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Start a new monitoring regime since 8 December.
The trigger-happy 'pedal-to-the-metal-as-and -when -i-wanted-it' period is over.
Now will be driving more sensibly, as much as i could lah.
But it will be a bit different as i've decided to switch to BHP RON95 petrol (was using BHP RON97 for quite sometime before).

Still too early to share the result, but so far, after around 500km of use (with RON95) the average FC is around 7.9L/100km.

Here a simple summary of my FC for RON97.
Distance Travelled: 5654km
Average speed: 45km/h
Average FC (format 1): 8.1L/100km
Average FC (format 2): 12.34km/L
Average FC (format3) : 5.876km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RM2.10/L)
Petrol Utilised: A Lot!
Full tank mileage: 617.28km

leroy87

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:39 AM

leroy87

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
i was wondering how u all calculate average speed FC format 1,2,3 all those, today only i came across an online 206 manual which says theres a display on the FC data on the screen by pressing one button on one of the signal sticks beside the steering.. not all bestari are fitted with this FC system i assume? mine dont seem to be able to display anything...
Best regards,
leroy.

ain206

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (leroy87 @ Dec 23 2010, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was wondering how u all calculate average speed FC format 1,2,3 all those, today only i came across an online 206 manual which says theres a display on the FC data on the screen by pressing one button on one of the signal sticks beside the steering.. not all bestari are fitted with this FC system i assume? mine dont seem to be able to display anything...

it's manual calculation for bestari owner...... only the 1.6 and above have this so call button

intermilan

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
QUOTE (leroy87 @ Dec 23 2010, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay.. let me try to explain it...

1. Distance Travelled: 5654km
This figure you can get from the MFD (multi function display) / Car Telemetry (for CBU unit only). Had to set-up first. If you don't have it, you have to manually recorded it. Use the mileage or the journey counter from the speedometer. Or calculate the difference between two full fill-up. That's your distance travelled.

2. Average speed: 45km/h
This is only available as a function from the MFD.
Bestari dont have it, I'm afraid.

3. Average FC (format 1): 8.1L/100km
i. Available as a function from the MFD. again, Bestari don't have it.
Note that figure from the MFD is always lower (i.e. better) than manually calculated figure. Suggest to display both.
ii. Can be manually calculated. You need distance travelled info (x), and how many liters of petrol used within the distance travelled (y). divide the distance travelled figure (x) with 100 and you get (z). then divide (y) with (z) and you get (w).
Then you should get it as: (w)L/100km (manual calculation).

4. Average FC (format 2): 12.34km/L
Manually calculated. You need distance travelled info (x), and how many liters of petrol used within the distance travelled (y). divide the distance travelled figure (x) with liters of petrol used (y) and you get (z). then divide (y) with (z) and you get (w).
Then you should get it as: (z)km/L (manual calculation).

5. Average FC (format3) : 5.876km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RM2.10/L)
Manually calculated. You need distance travelled info (x), and price of how many liters of petrol used within the distance travelled (y). divide the distance travelled figure (x) with the price (y) and you'll get (z).
Then you should get it as: (z)km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RMw.ww) (manual calculation). (w.ww depends on price of petrol that you used)

6. Petrol Utilised: A Lot!
This is a bit tricky, but very essential part of the whole scheme.
To establish this, first you need to create 'baseline'.
Best if you fill-up the tank in full (stop after the pump mechanism kicked forthe first time).
Then when you need to fill-up again, fill-it up full again (and also stop after the pump mechanism kicked forthe first time). By doing this, you will get create some sort of level of confidence that the tank are fill-up almost similarly everytime.
Between this two full tank fill-up, you wil get:
i. distance travelled
ii. liters of petrol used within the distance travelled
iii. cost of petrol used within the distance travelled

Now you are equipped with the base data to calculate your fuel consumption.

7. Full tank mileage: 617.28km
Peugeot 206 fuel tank is estimated to be able to hold 50 liters of fuel.
Therefore, take the average FC (format 2) value (x.xxkm/L) and multiply it with 50.

Example if the average FC (format 2): 12.34km/L (Note: This was rounded up to 2 decimal figure. Actual value = 12.3456);
12.3456 times 50 = 617.28

Therefore, full tank mileage: 617.28km (manual calculation).

Hope the above explanation helps.
Happy trying it out. It does re-fresh the arithmetic side of the brain! smile_tongue.gif

intermilan

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
This is the first 'official' fuel consumption monitoring data of the 'new' engine.

Contributor : Intermilan
Reading Number : Intermilan10
Vehicle : Peugeot 206
Engine code : EW10J4
Engine type : 2.0L 16V
Engine modification : Light
Transmission type : Manual
Fuel brand : BHP
Fuel type : Petrol, Unleaded, RON95
Reading Type : Car Telemetry & Manual Calculation)
Distance Travelled : 1967 km
Average Speed : 50km/h (Car Telemetry)
Average FC (format1a) : 8.268L/100km (manual calculation)
Average FC (format1b) : 7.7L/100km (Car Telemetry). Figure from car telemetry is always lower.
Average FC (format2) : 12.094 km/L (manual calculation)
Average FC (format3a) : 6.365 km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RM1.90/L) (manual calculation)
Average FC (format3b) : -.--- km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RM-.--/L) (manual calculation)
Average FC (format 4) : 0.157 sen/km (Petrol @ RM1.90/L) (manual calculation) New formula
Petrol Utilised (L) : 162.64 liter
Traffic Conditions : Combined / Mix-Urban
Full Tank Mileage : 604.70 km

intermilan

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
This is the second 'official' fuel consumption monitoring data of the 'new' engine.

Reading Number : Intermilan11
Distance Travelled : 1362 km
Average Speed : 45km/h (Car Telemetry)
Average FC (format1a) : 8.322L/100km (manual calculation)
Average FC (format1b) : 7.7L/100km (Car Telemetry). Figure from car telemetry is always lower.
Average FC (format2) : 12.016 km/L (manual calculation)
Average FC (format3a) : 6.325 km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RM1.90/L) (manual calculation)
Average FC (format3b) : -.--- km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RM-.--/L) (manual calculation)
Average FC (format 4) : 0.1581 sen/km (Petrol @ RM1.90/L) (manual calculation) New formula
Petrol Utilised (L) : 113.35 liter
Full Tank Mileage : 600.870 km

Comments:
Results are very similar with previous 'official' reading, just this is a smaller sample (distance travelled are less by 30%).
It begin to look like 12km/L is the FC that i'm going to get from the 'new' engine.
Looking pretty good to me as the 'old' 1.6L 16V engine returned similar values for most of the time.

ridt

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Jan 26 2011, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the second 'official' fuel consumption monitoring data of the 'new' engine.

Reading Number : Intermilan11
Distance Travelled : 1362 km
Average Speed : 45km/h (Car Telemetry)
Average FC (format1a) : 8.322L/100km (manual calculation)
Average FC (format2) : 12.016 km/L (manual calculation)
Average FC (format3a) : 6.325 km/Ringgit (Petrol @ RM1.90/L) (manual calculation)
Average FC (format 4) : 0.1581 sen/km (Petrol @ RM1.90/L) (manual calculation) New formula
Petrol Utilised (L) : 113.35 liter
Full Tank Mileage : 600.870 km

Comments:
Results are very similar with previous 'official' reading, just this is a smaller sample (distance travelled are less by 30%).
It begin to look like 12km/L is the FC that i'm going to get from the 'new' engine.
Looking pretty good to me as the 'old' 1.6L 16V engine returned similar values for most of the time.

very impresive inter. good fc . lg2 manual
http://www.facebook.com/thepadangs

My sweet peugeot 206 1.6 16v

Mod list : k & n typhoon air filter , 4-2-1 mandrel bent custom extractor , full piping s-flow brand topcat 1.6", denso iridium spark plugs, Unichip Q tuned by RS Impressive, 16" OZ rims
Max BHP & torque : 127 bhp @ 6,00rpm , 173 nm @ 4,000rpm (tuned for torque)

intermilan

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
QUOTE (ridt @ Jan 27 2011, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very impresive inter. good fc . lg2 manual

was quite surprise myself. was expecting around 10% worse.
well.. i think the FC will get worse once i've re-mapped the ECU.
right now, all stock.. boleh la.. default mapping memang bias towards fuel economy..
we'll see how it goes.. until then, will continue to monitor and share my FC.