Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My new Rondo Arrived

• Please log in to reply

lionelstep

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi WC Tan,

Seeing you online now. This is the 56th hour since I collected the MPV. And exactly as I had earlier
suspected, the salesman did not change my battery as promised earlier.

On the 51st hour (6pm) my wife gave me a call saying the MPV could not start, and needing another
nearby workshop people to come and jump start the battery and engine.

I am going to change the battery under warranty tomorrow morning.

Over these 2+ days of learning, I toggle the "Trip" button until the display JUST BEFORE THE distance to empty.
It is a REAL TIME INSTANTANEOUS DISPLAY of the FUEL CONSUMPTION.

I realized the best economy of fuel consumption comes at 80km/hour.
The display showed a variation of between 4.5L/100km till 7.1 L/100km.
This is very much depending on whether you have a really consistent non vibrating
right foot and the road surface without undulations. If all conditions are perfect,
it will clearly show a reading about 5L/100km constant at 80km/hour.

This will be more fuel saving than Waja definitely and still waiting for the next refueling to finally calculate
the eventual correct fuel consumption.

QUOTE (wctan @ Sep 16 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi lionelstep,
So far I only know that LK is the only authorised SC in Muar; but you should know that their core business was on some other makes so I went to them once only. Watch out as the mechs aren't too familiar with our ride then when i went to them in '08. Perhaps they are better now... ;-)

As long as you have some basic knowledge I think it's okay. Just be around when they are doing your ride and also . For me I got my servicing done in JB but trust me for the regular maintenance this can be done at any shops outside. For warranty purpose its best to stay with SC for now though. I do find the labour charge for SCs expensive.
As for tyre balancing, no comments but I went to the one next to Bata close to Bentayan as it is the authorised centre by LK. Service just so so though.. BTW, it's normal if after all the balancing & alignment your ride will still sway to the left; most of this contributed by the c**p OEM tyre. Just changed mine few months back and the problem is almost gone.

Have fun with your ride! I am sure you will grow to like it more just as I do. ;-) Give me a honk whenever you see me ya!

lionelstep

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:44 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi Sugen,
I had this experience too with my previous Waja 1.6. The service dealer changed to two Camber Screws for the front tyres
and they managed to make the camber green after the change. Before that it was so seriously off the spec in red that
warranted such a change because it will be disastrous to another new tyres fitted to it if it is not changed to camber screws.

I only paid for the camber alignment if the subsequent alignment was shown to be off the spec.

By the way, does Rondo require Camber alignment ? Have not gone for my 1-time FOC Balancing + Alignment within 2k km.

QUOTE (sugen @ Nov 28 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kevin,
Talking about Camber.. I did learn something about this on my KIA Sepctra (now pass it to my wife).Camber is usually not adjustable. But i m not sure about Rondo.. During my Spectra time, kena corn by tyre shop to change to adjustable camber nut.Cost me RM 180.. Each time do alignment, they will adjust the camber. Each side adjust charge RM20 per wheel. Until i fed up, and change back the nut... If we go to tyre shop for alignment, just look at the machine.. If everything show "green" color then it is "in the spec".. So, tyre pull on side.. Is not on alignment issue rather it is a tyre issue.. Some time they will rotate the tyre to solve this issue..

Usually, alignment hardly can run off one. Unless we hit with big hole on the road.. That is why when u request for alignment, so fast they kao tim already.. Remember, look at the screen. If all shows green color then it is "in spec"

Kevin

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
I do adjust my camber but only when the machine shows it is realy off. It is not something I do for my cars but my tyre wear is very uneven for both my front tyres (on the inside) so I paid for the camber adjustment.

lionelstep

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi Kevin,
How much do you pay for Camber adjustment per wheel ?
It is somehow unimaginable that since TOE (the so called "alignment"), and Camber adjustment
are both done merely by adjusting and centering of some screws maybe, yet there is an added
cost for camber adjustment.......

QUOTE (Kevin @ Sep 22 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do adjust my camber but only when the machine shows it is realy off. It is not something I do for my cars but my tyre wear is very uneven for both my front tyres (on the inside) so I paid for the camber adjustment.