Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

power window

• Please log in to reply

remyzx

Posted 27 February 2003 - 12:17 PM

remyzx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
hi there!! does anyone here know how to get new power window switches for ZX. my switches seem to be faulty at the moment as the window are going down but seem to have trouble going up. i did some checking and i think its due to the switches are not working properly. please can anyone tell me where to buy new ones.

cheers

remy

Dwolverine

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:27 AM

Dwolverine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
hi remy,

r u lookin for the switch that mounted at the door handle??? if yes, i got two of that, used, but still good as i replaced it with the one that light up/LED's! let me know if u feel like to have it.

vonnig

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:02 AM

vonnig

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,143 posts
wolverine... aku nak satu boleh tak? mine also almost KO already... can go up but cannot come down sometimes... reach toll have to remember to try winding down 300M before the toll.... if all fails... buka pintu...

remyzx

Posted 28 February 2003 - 11:41 AM

remyzx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
thanks wolverine.... u can give those to vonnig as he needs it badly. today mine was working fine. i dunno lah, i think there is a 'hantu' in the car. anyway, can u tell me how u got the lighted power window switches.... im thinking of upgrading..

cheers

remy

SA6

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:48 PM

SA6

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
Not sure whether my Volvo740 power window switch design the same as Citroen but I had the same problem when after I bought the car. Tried to take out the motor and tested but it work fine, later someone from Volvo forum told me is the switch problem. I took off the whole unit of the switch and check the inside connection. One side of the contact was black, immy I know is this one. Some I use sand paper to clean contact area, put it all back and it work fine til today. So I suspected the problem to your switches was just due bad internal connetion.

tongks

Posted 28 February 2003 - 11:24 PM

tongks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
SA6 method is right (he is the DIY veteran) also for Citroen ZX, not sure about Xantia. I don't have this problem in my car but happened the same symptom before in my friend's ZX. I was once removed and dismantled mine (that switch with many contacts inside) into pieces to show him how to clean it. The switch is highly suspected, as copper contacts may oxidize (quite common fault in relays and contacts which expose to high humidity) and cause low electrical conductivity.

If you want to DIY, it is very easy, anyone with patience can do it, first use a small flat screwdriver (like normal test pen size) to gently pull out the suspected rocker switch, unplug the connector, again use that screwdriver to force the bottom cover to bulge a bit then pull out, do it slowly as the contacts may drop out, remember how it seated there then remove out all the copper contacts, gently rub away any blackish contacts with very fine sand paper, if possible apply a thin layer of silicone grease (for contacts type, available in electronic sparepart shop) to protect against oxidization. (especially for those in offshore/marine enviroment)

No harm giving it a try, however it may also due to other loose connection in the wiring loop.

Andyhor

Posted 02 March 2003 - 12:48 PM

Andyhor

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi wolverine can you please tell me where did you buy the lighted up swithches, would love to have a pair on my ZX.

Andy

Dwolverine

Posted 05 March 2003 - 12:11 AM

Dwolverine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Sorry for a late reply. So many of here and there. Anyway.... Mr.Prez, I'll be in Ampang this saturday and will give you a call first on how i can pass the switch to you.
Andy,
the lighted up switch is meant for 306 but you need to break few connectors legs in order to mount it. Got it from from the late pug service centre in malacca. Let me know if u need further info.

vonnig

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:16 AM

vonnig

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,143 posts
ok... thanx...

volcane

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:34 AM

volcane

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
for ZX owners...
our cars do not have the 'one-touch' wind up and down facility especially useful when approaching tolls & cars parks (esp when your old motor is getting a little slow)

i know how you could add this function in...who's interested?