Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

June 29th....Sepang....e36 318 vs ZX2.0

• Please log in to reply

waikc

Posted 19 March 2003 - 10:08 AM

waikc

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts
the bm guys mentioned ringo chong. this fella is a race driver. don't know if he's into all this "vs" thing or not. but u guys better find some other race driver as well, just in case.

vonnig

Posted 19 March 2003 - 10:11 AM

vonnig

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,143 posts
KARAMJIT SINGH!!!!

Heretic

Posted 19 March 2003 - 10:55 AM

Heretic

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
As a new guy here, I would love to see what the ZX can do, comparing to a E36. Mind if I tag along?

nistelrooy

Posted 19 March 2003 - 12:05 PM

nistelrooy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
vonnig,
even better...COLIN MCRAE!!..haha..he has "some" experience driving citroens..

rubel

Posted 19 March 2003 - 12:56 PM

rubel

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
Hi all

Try to negotiate with Jeff - owner of Gervasi Auto.

Hes a cool skillfull driver, he himself own a 405 Mi16. Maybe he can be your driver for the "racing" session.

rgds

keriso

Posted 19 March 2003 - 01:38 PM

keriso

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,065 posts
Maybe someone can ask Surjit to shake off his Berlingo for the weekend and sharpen up his racing skills again. After his accident and the broken wrist/arm, he has give up racing and always shakes his head when i bring up vonnig "exploits" on the road...saying that vonnig is one crazy guy..

WhiteZX

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:59 PM

WhiteZX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys....
sorry guys, both of my Zx unable to compete, my beloved white zx still have not recover from the shock she got from the previous accident, another white zx 16v also not to expectation and the worst part I my self still not recover from my broken arm and another driver are down with denggi.......it has been one hell of a week......Shy

katmai

Posted 19 March 2003 - 03:56 PM

katmai

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
Hmmm one cool event, i wanna join too...but i think we have to resolve certain issues over here...especially the driver issue....if we take 2 different drivers then the outcome of the race is still questionable...for instance one driver maybe be better than the other.

So i have a suggestion here...why don't we find one neutral driver and let him (and i mean only him)..test drive both cars and see the result in terms of lap time. In this case we will have more accurate result...

Also it may also desirable to station couple of guys just to record the 'entry time' and 'exit time' of certain 'hard core curves' so that we can observe and quantify how good each cars took those hard core curves.

Any comment on this? or anybody care to add?

Cheers

-katmai-

nistelrooy

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:26 PM

nistelrooy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
i have to agree with you katmai, two different drivers would not be fair.

vonnig

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:50 AM

vonnig

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,143 posts
ok... when u say neutral driver... how neutral do you mean... the other thing is that that neutral driver may not be familiar with a BMW... and familiar with a Citroen or vice versa... and this could comlicate things... you have to remember that one has to know how to put the ZX rear passive steer to good use otherwise he'll panic when the passive steer engages and cause him to brake prematurely in the corner and thereby causing an accident... those who do not knwo the advantages of it will not be able to execute the turn correctly...