Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rexton Problems

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

byebye2u

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (suv388 @ Jul 26 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just bought an used Year 06 Rexton 270XDI High Spec. I went thru your situation few weeks back. The main reasons I chosen Rexton was because of its features for price of a 7 seater.

Couple of pointers for your consideration

1. Test drive one your self. You could read lots of positive and also negative postings on the internet but nothing beat experiencing the drive first hand on driver seat.

2. Check out the availability of service center or workshop familiar with Rexton or Mercedes. Ask for the service fees and routine maintenance part cost. Of course it is expected to be higher than sedan but the service center near me quoted the price quite reasonable.

3. Resale Value and Brand recognition. A new Rexton II is selling at RM175k now and you could get less than half of that price for a used 2004~2005 Rexton. Serious depreciation for new car owner but quite good value if you looking for used one. You hardly find that much features, comfort and luxury at that price range.

Share more on your priorities and thoughts to allow others to provide more advice.

Hi Bro W , you got your Rexton already, this friday 30/07/2010 i'll be kelantan, do you want me to get the damper?..looking forward to meet your REX.

Dear Ram,

Where are you located?? if you somewhere in the northern part i'm willing to let you test drive my T-Rex and show all the gadget and function. true like suv388 told :-

1) need to test drive to appreciate it. engine under licence from mercedes and further improve by ssangyong, the gearbox directly from mercedes...it comes together with all the goodies...too many to mention here..hihihi

2)on standard the 270 xdi has 165hp and 345nm torque ,top speed of 195km/h!! yes...it is a diesel that consume 55 km per RM10 diesel on city driving and up to 65km on highway.

3) a very good value for money, 2004 to 2006 are selling from 60k to 70k only!! but please bring your mechanic to check any excessive tear and wear or any leakage .

cheers

NIK

suv388

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

suv388

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Jul 26 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro W , you got your Rexton already, this friday 30/07/2010 i'll be kelantan, do you want me to get the damper?..looking forward to meet your REX.

Bro Nik, not yet. Should be arranging to collect key this week. Last week was delayed for saman checking and clearing. Yes, please get the damper for me. Will meet you up for installation when you return.

Dear Ram,

Where are you located?? if you somewhere in the northern part i'm willing to let you test drive my T-Rex and show all the gadget and function. true like suv388 told :-

1) need to test drive to appreciate it. engine under licence from mercedes and further improve by ssangyong, the gearbox directly from mercedes...it comes together with all the goodies...too many to mention here..hihihi

2)on standard the 270 xdi has 165hp and 345nm torque ,top speed of 195km/h!! yes...it is a diesel that consume 55 km per RM10 diesel on city driving and up to 65km on highway.

3) a very good value for money, 2004 to 2006 are selling from 60k to 70k only!! but please bring your mechanic to check any excessive tear and wear or any leakage .

cheers

NIK

Aiseh.. you should start charging test drive fees liao. If I am RAM, I would drive to meet you up even if I am from South, hehehe.

I have not got a chance to post my test drive report yet, must really post it to share the experience. I must say I am totally impressed and way beyond my expectation on the comfort, road handling and power of you T-Rex. Even my friend who drive a CRV for last 6 years surprised with the smooth cornering you took at 160kmh loaded with 4 adults, plus 2 oversize one smile.gif.

You can get the Seller to agree for test drive and to be check by your workshop. I brought mine to be checked by a workshop who service lots of Mercedes to jack up and check everything. It took about 10~15 mins but really worth the time and effort to be sure no surprises later.

byebye2u

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (suv388 @ Jul 26 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Nik, not yet. Should be arranging to collect key this week. Last week was delayed for saman checking and clearing. Yes, please get the damper for me. Will meet you up for installation when you return.

Aiseh.. you should start charging test drive fees liao. If I am RAM, I would drive to meet you up even if I am from South, hehehe.

I have not got a chance to post my test drive report yet, must really post it to share the experience. I must say I am totally impressed and way beyond my expectation on the comfort, road handling and power of you T-Rex. Even my friend who drive a CRV for last 6 years surprised with the smooth cornering you took at 160kmh loaded with 4 adults, plus 2 oversize one smile.gif.

You can get the Seller to agree for test drive and to be check by your workshop. I brought mine to be checked by a workshop who service lots of Mercedes to jack up and check everything. It took about 10~15 mins but really worth the time and effort to be sure no surprises later.

Hallo Bro W,

Need to get more corum and members la for the Rex so we can share the best of it, but of cause they are a few unfortunate owner who had bad experience. Still there are no perfect car in this world ( how good it is, one sure "kena" punya..hihihihi)..BTW I've driven the Rex with 7 adults + 2 10yrs old to terengganu tru Grik/Jeli and nobody overtake me!! ( I remember all the corners..hihihi )

1 more - make sure the tyre has H-speed (can stand for up to 210km/h for 10 minutes)

Any members here know where in Penang i can install metal/aluminium turbo hose with mandrel bending??

( and where is RAM - I want to give him a kaw kaw test drive ph34r.gif )

Cheers

NIK

suv388

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

suv388

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Jul 27 2010, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hallo Bro W,

Need to get more corum and members la for the Rex so we can share the best of it, but of cause they are a few unfortunate owner who had bad experience. Still there are no perfect car in this world ( how good it is, one sure "kena" punya..hihihihi)..BTW I've driven the Rex with 7 adults + 2 10yrs old to terengganu tru Grik/Jeli and nobody overtake me!! ( I remember all the corners..hihihi )

1 more - make sure the tyre has H-speed (can stand for up to 210km/h for 10 minutes)

Any members here know where in Penang i can install metal/aluminium turbo hose with mandrel bending??

( and where is RAM - I want to give him a kaw kaw test drive ph34r.gif )

Cheers

NIK

You can start a thread on "Rexton Owner Experience Sharing" where Rexton owner can gather together on the thread to share their experience and tips. Surely will benefit all Rexton owners or users who interested to know more about Rexton. I will surely contribute as much as I can.

byebye2u

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (suv388 @ Jul 27 2010, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can start a thread on "Rexton Owner Experience Sharing" where Rexton owner can gather together on the thread to share their experience and tips. Surely will benefit all Rexton owners or users who interested to know more about Rexton. I will surely contribute as much as I can.

Dear Bro W,

Just now coming back from work nearly involve in accident. a small straight road where every body doing 60kmh to 80kmh, a bit wet after rain. but the car in front doing 30kmh to 40kmh ( giler betoi). the front clear and i press the paddle to overtake but I did not notice on the right side of the road a poor road maintenance/JKR/korek Jalan/Tanah merah..and become very slipery. the rear slip to left and right a couple of time before being stabilise by the ESP....fuuuuuuuuuuuh....now i know how important all these electronic assist.

Cheers

NIK

suv388

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

suv388

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Jul 27 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Bro W,

Just now coming back from work nearly involve in accident. a small straight road where every body doing 60kmh to 80kmh, a bit wet after rain. but the car in front doing 30kmh to 40kmh ( giler betoi). the front clear and i press the paddle to overtake but I did not notice on the right side of the road a poor road maintenance/JKR/korek Jalan/Tanah merah..and become very slipery. the rear slip to left and right a couple of time before being stabilise by the ESP....fuuuuuuuuuuuh....now i know how important all these electronic assist.

Cheers

NIK

Glad that you are perfectly fine. I think your Michelin tyre helps a lot too. Be safe, don't push your pedal too hard although I know the good feel to hear the turbo burst smile_big.gif

byebye2u

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (suv388 @ Jul 28 2010, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad that you are perfectly fine. I think your Michelin tyre helps a lot too. Be safe, don't push your pedal too hard although I know the good feel to hear the turbo burst smile_big.gif

came tru same road this evening,yes sand and 'selut' still there with a few tyre mark...i think somebody else also lost control there.

btw..got your REX yet???

NIK

Informer

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Jul 27 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Bro W,

Cheers

NIK

Lucky eehh mate... smile_thumbup.gif
That is why, in the US... the legislation will/ is making all cars sold there MUST HAVE "traction control" system on board...

Try asking PROTON to sell their cars there... smile_disapprove.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

byebye2u

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Jul 29 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucky eehh mate... smile_thumbup.gif
That is why, in the US... the legislation will/ is making all cars sold there MUST HAVE "traction control" system on board...

Try asking PROTON to sell their cars there... smile_disapprove.gif

agree bro, all cars must have traction control.( spun a proton once..hihihihihi ). once you start to spin (without traction control) it is so so tough to regain control unless you spin on purpose for drift, but that too need lots lots of practice and money(for the tyre of course).

for proton i'm not sure why, i think they have sold over a million cars!!! always very very late to follow and learn anything, can't say they are stupid, maybe don't know how and what to listen!!! every company has produce so many MPV, now only they make exora.. the latest frenzy now is the turbo diesel common rail on cars all over the world....and we are still using euro 2..maybe after all over the world start using nuklear or water for fuel then proton will produce common rail..hihihihi
tongue.gif

NIK

r3xt0n

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Oct 30 2010, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi rizalmhd,

I haven't test the petrol version, but from specification it consume more, less torque compare to 2.7xdi, comes with 4 speed auto.So, the best option still 2.7xdi.from mudah you can get it from as low 49k!! if you in KL you can ask bro teerex,rx270xdi or razopower to help you search.

2.8 litre, 6 cylinder produce 197 hp at 5500rpm and 270 NM torque at 3750 rpm.
2.7xdi , 5 cylinder produce 164 hp at 4000rpm and 345 NM torque from 2400rpm. you can select 2wd or 4wd low or high by pushing a button only.

NIK

Moved to http://forum.autowor...showtopic=96286 , pls post here for questions from new buyer looking for advice.