Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Don't Buy Naza Sorento!!! Terrible!

• Please log in to reply

beepbeep

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

beepbeep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
why la bi*ching this and that...let's get the point noted and let the
buyers beware.

my cbu crv oso not perfect. fuel leaking incident lagi. luckily didn't
explode. On that - i ###### HM left right center.

put it this way.. man made thing not perfect mah!.

JCMF

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:47 AM

JCMF

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
Hi beepbeep,
I agreed with you that man made thing is not perfect, but this message
should not been told because everything is first started by man/women. So
if we admit and tolerate to this matter then where is the improvement??

As you said luckily your CRV did not exploded but what if someone
experienced otherwise?? nothing can pay back that person.

Think about this...

Bottom line, not focus on quality in doing business is TOTALLY
UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Cougar9

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

Cougar9

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
Tolerance is a good virtue but not in all cases and situations. Our
society and consumers are tolerating craps to the extend that they gave
reasons on behalf ofthe producers of crap products. It has reached to an
apathy attitude. Everything tidak-apa one.

Let us be more quality conscious so that the producers/sellers will keep
improving their products.

norazdicj

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:36 AM

norazdicj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
you simply get your "money-time-effort" worth when you buy a product. If
you dont, you highlight the issue and if it justifiable, the responsible
vendor will take action to minimise the "lost" suffered by the affected
buyer and improve for the sake of their product and future buyers. That's
how a product/vendor gradually become famous and respectable in the
market.

I still couldnot understand some, who tolerate and "tidak apa" when they
got crappy product. What more puzzling me is that, there are also some,
not only "tidak apa" but took the trouble to defend the crappy products
and irresponsible vendors!

ravnach

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

ravnach

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hey Guys,

I am planning to get the used 2007 Kia Sorento Novus Edition. The price range is really cheap and some say it is a pretty good vehicle.

After checking on some forums online, understand there people complaning the car is hopeless and etc. The complain seems to be same and I am not sure if the problems are rectified in 2007 model.

Please share your real experiences with the car especially those who have bought the used 2007 Sorento recently. What should I be looking for when purchasing a used Sorento to avoid future problem. General maintenance is fine and understandable but gearbox/transfer case or engine breakdown is bad.

Anyone who has had breakdown in those parts, please also share your experience.

Thanks guys

kaylcar

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (ravnach @ Mar 18 2013, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Guys,

I am planning to get the used 2007 Kia Sorento Novus Edition. The price range is really cheap and some say it is a pretty good vehicle.

After checking on some forums online, understand there people complaning the car is hopeless and etc. The complain seems to be same and I am not sure if the problems are rectified in 2007 model.

Please share your real experiences with the car especially those who have bought the used 2007 Sorento recently. What should I be looking for when purchasing a used Sorento to avoid future problem. General maintenance is fine and understandable but gearbox/transfer case or engine breakdown is bad.

Anyone who has had breakdown in those parts, please also share your experience.

Thanks guys

You may be buying a big heap of trouble, not because there is something fundamentally flawed about the vehicle, but because of misuse and "tinkering". We used to get a lot of Sorento's in the workshop, number one "big" failures were gearbox and transfer cases. Gearbox we suspected because wrong oils were used in the SC or oil additives that upset the balance or even melted the seals. These Jatco gearboxes are very sensitive to the type of oil used, long term. Transfer cases damaged because owners were using the 4WD low function on tarmac roads.
The injectors in the engines get damaged from the very bad quality diesel we have to use....regular cleaning (blast cleaner, not the chemical additives) is needed otherwise they fail and the engine loses power. Other than that they are very sturdy vehicles, but you may find it difficult to get a well looked after one. Full service history is an absolute must. otherwise beware!
Good Luck! smile_approve.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

ravnach

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

ravnach

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Mar 18 2013, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may be buying a big heap of trouble, not because there is something fundamentally flawed about the vehicle, but because of misuse and "tinkering". We used to get a lot of Sorento's in the workshop, number one "big" failures were gearbox and transfer cases. Gearbox we suspected because wrong oils were used in the SC or oil additives that upset the balance or even melted the seals. These Jatco gearboxes are very sensitive to the type of oil used, long term. Transfer cases damaged because owners were using the 4WD low function on tarmac roads.
The injectors in the engines get damaged from the very bad quality diesel we have to use....regular cleaning (blast cleaner, not the chemical additives) is needed otherwise they fail and the engine loses power. Other than that they are very sturdy vehicles, but you may find it difficult to get a well looked after one. Full service history is an absolute must. otherwise beware!
Good Luck! smile_approve.gif

Thanks bro.

Anyway, as of the service records is something that I think is going to be difficult to obtain.

Is there any tell tale signs that I should be aware of when purchasing the vehicle. Also, what would be the cost of repairing the gearbox and transfer box.

Thanks again

kaylcar

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (ravnach @ Mar 19 2013, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro.

Anyway, as of the service records is something that I think is going to be difficult to obtain.

Is there any tell tale signs that I should be aware of when purchasing the vehicle. Also, what would be the cost of repairing the gearbox and transfer box.

Thanks again

If you drive the vehicle check for clicking noises on full lock left and right at slow speeds....if they click it means new front drive shafts, about 2-3k for the pair. These never get greased by the SC's. Spin the back wheels on loose ground and all four wheels should rotate, if not then your transfer case needs replacing. Try the 4WD "low" switch on the dash also on loose ground, there shouldn't be any groaning or clanking noises, if there is, it means a new transfer case is needed. Look underneath the vehicle and make sure everything is there....get a photo of a "complete" under-chassis, and check for knocks and dents if it's been used off road a lot. The steering racks can leak at high mileage, check for leaks and make sure all the rubber boots are not split. On the road, check the ABS works by stomping on the brake pedal. This unit very expensive to replace and cannot be "renovated". Pull out the gearbox oil dipstick and feel the oil between your fingers, if it feels gritty it means your gearbox is rapidly dying. The color of the oil should be reddish color and clear, not black. If the dealer is smart he will have changed the oil so you may not spot the damage. Everything else is common sense, warning lights that stay on for example on the dash is not "normal". A test drive should show up most problems like jerky gear changes etc.

There's a post below from a recycling workshop in Korean parts....check with them costs for gearbox and transfer cases, new ones are really expensive because you are paying the tax on these all over again..
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

byebye2u

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (ravnach @ Mar 19 2013, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro.

Thanks again

have you consider a Rexton?.. RX2.7