Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

INOKOM ATOS OR PERODUA KENARI?

• Please log in to reply

cshellz

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:44 PM

cshellz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
Any idea what will happen to the price of the Kenari after the face lift??

What's TT and you mean u guys just meet up and discuss your cars??

hansc

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:08 AM

hansc

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
TT is a "Teh Tarik" session......but most of the time, we ended up having soft drinks at Burger King Hartamas.....hehehe.....

yeah....we discuss about our cars, ways to improve things, future plans for the clubs, etc......

anek1

Posted 16 January 2003 - 04:21 PM

anek1

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,567 posts
I do own a Kenari b4....

Its a very nice car...I think you should go for it...For Atos...[ korean tech.?? better keep away ]

Perodua = Dahaitsu = Toyota = Lexus....!!!!

ST Tee

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:34 PM

ST Tee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts
Wah, rare apperance of anek1 in P2 forum.

Well, maybe we should ask P2 to assemble the Dahaitsu 'Altis' Big Smile

AthlonXP

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:42 PM

AthlonXP

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
anek1,

Korean tech maybe lousy long time ago but they have improve alot over the years.

Korean cars got some pretty good reviews from all over the globe.

Althought they are still not in the same league as the Japanese, they are improving fast and are just at their japanese doorstep.

The Atos is an establish model in the korean market and would have undergone several refinement to reach this stage of it product life. Hence all the bugs would have been iron out.

The oni reserve i have is the Atoz is at the end of it's product life and is likely to be replaced by the new Getz. But since Inokom is producing it, i guess it's be around for another couple of yrs.

Actually Kenari and Atoz both have their pros and cons....there is just no clear winner...

Just buy which one u like.....lor

ii1151

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:46 PM

ii1151

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
Hi all,
I bought my wife a kenari, before that she drove a kancil. When we got the Kenari, it was ok, it vibrates, I guess it's due to the engine. We've done 6k km on it and it passed it's second free service. I came about some fuel additive and believe it or not within a few minutes of engine runnig with the fuel additive the vibration was reduced significantly, and best of all, now we can do 500km on a full tank and still have a little above quarter left. It's even more pleasurable to drive it now than when we first got it. My vote is definitely Kenari. The ATOS is just not our cup of tea. Your experience with the faulty Kenari is probably a one off thing, if you so decide to get one, make sure you inspect it before your sales guy registers it, that way you can reject the car if its defective, be firm, you are the buyer! The Consumer Protection Act is in place, lets make use of it. Cheers.

nocar

Posted 16 January 2003 - 06:20 PM

nocar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
you can minimise the dashboard rattling by improving its support to the chassis. there is two two metal braces supporting the dashboard behind the centre console... take out the lower compartment and you can see it. you can screw it more firmly, put anti-vibration washer or sumthing.... me??? i put a subwoofer down there.

anek1

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:35 AM

anek1

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,567 posts
AthlonXP,

What I know is Korean car mean Korean car...even how much their imporvement still behind jap...right..!!
so now should be worse coz not onli Korean car BUT MY join in.....Quality should be a big issue...

** note that if new car oso having a lot of problem who wan to buy...hv to wait and see whether any problem coming out from Atos coz still new.....

cshellz

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:39 AM

cshellz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
hi ii1151,

How much was your finance rate? One Kenari salesman offered me a 4.4% and another a 4.6%. Even for Atos, one told me 4.0% but from the forums I read they all said that 3.9% is the fixed one. I really wonder why all these salesman got different rates. Summore they are all saying that the rates are fixed in every bank.

So do you all have a good salesperson to recommend to me?

I'm really taking a little more time to make my decision. hopefully I can make my mind up in a weeks time!!

Anyway, I was sitting in a friend's Kelisa yesterday and he warned me against getting a Kelisa or a Kenari. His Kelisa is only 1/2 year old and it's been giving him problems...cannot start, car dies on him...etc. And according to him, the Kenari has the same problem cause it's the same engine. He actually wants to sell it off and get a Wira 1.3 now. But he did say that it had the power and all that. It's just the never-ending problems that are giving him headache.

ii1151, is your wife's Kenari an auto or manual? Cos according to this same friend of mine, he can only go to about 400 the max.

Wished I wasn't so fickle minded!!! But I really want to make sure I don't regret later on..

AthlonXP

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:26 PM

AthlonXP

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Waalau....

anek1, maybe u have bad experience with Korean products...once bitten twice shy...ah...Big Smile

cshellz,

er....ur friend kelisa so many problems....ah
funny....never hear in the forum anyone mention about the "car dies on him".....i'm assuming the engine stalled....qua...must be due to the battery..

funny...my kelisa is one yr old....
it's now better that the 1st day i got it....
rectify all those squecking noise and rattling noise oledi.....now very quiet, very economical and very powerfull...hehehe

fyi...any car u get oso got some teething problems one, normally these problems are not serious and are very few (unless u buy a proton...Big Smile..... u just have to be patience to get it rectify... lor

since u still have not make up ur mind....i suggest u keep urself updated about car maintenance and parts...

read some car reviews....and learn abit about car maintenace....a car owner not oni takes the car for servicing every 5k km oni....he/she should oso be able to check some basic stuff, like battery water level, radiator reserve tank etc..

anyway....do keep us updated on ur decision....and ur new car...