Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

INOKOM ATOS OR PERODUA KENARI?

• Please log in to reply

cshellz

Posted 11 January 2003 - 10:55 PM

cshellz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
I want to get my car soon and it's either the Inokom Atos or the Perodua Kenari. AUTOMATIC!!

So all of you kind people out there, please help this blur blur gal out. I reeeeaaaallly don't know much about cars. But I need one to drive around the city...hehehe...

Which one has better mileage, which one is quieter and smoother, which one has better build quality etc etc...
And what about resale value??

Value your comments!! Thank you!! Blush

Dar

Posted 12 January 2003 - 12:34 PM

Dar

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,554 posts
I think there is a same topic on this in the Perodua forum.

Chips

Posted 12 January 2003 - 02:15 PM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
I would probably put my money on the quality of the Perodua product, partly because it is more strictly controlled by Daihatsu which owns the factory now.

Interestingly though, the man who runs the Inokom plant was formerly the director of manufacturing at Perodua and before that, he held the same position in ASSB, UMW Toyota Motor's plant in Shah Alam during the 1980s. A man of experience and great intelligence, I am told.

A4dave

Posted 12 January 2003 - 02:37 PM

A4dave

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,963 posts
With great intelligence and experience comes $$$$$$.Cool

hansc

Posted 12 January 2003 - 08:22 PM

hansc

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
cshellz,

you can always join our gatherings of Kenari and Kelisa owners.....from these sessions, you can learn more about kenari..and why we dowan 2 buy atoz....

hehehehe.....

check out the perodua owners forum for announcement on gatherigns....

cshellz

Posted 12 January 2003 - 11:15 PM

cshellz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
Thanks..and I just spent some time reading over the Kenari and Atos debate..

And to be honest with u guys, i'm even more confused than ever!!

I went to test drive both cars today, and honestly the atos was much smoother and quieter. But one bad thing is that it didn't have a glove compartment and errmm...I don't think the Inokom logo looks so good on the car..

But the Kenari seems to have more power.
But perhaps I was unlucky...when I went to test drive the kenari, the salesman had to try starting the car 3 times before it actually started...and when I drove it, the NEW kenari in the showroom was rattling quite bad and when I went over the bump, the piece of flappy thingy on the aircond (errr...hehe...my knowledge about cars is almost zilch so I dunno what it's called) But anyway...that piece of thing just came right off and the salesman cooly and calmly told me to put it in the glove compartment!! Does the kenari normally rattle so badly?? Or maybe I just had the wrong car to test drive...but it was new!

I really know nuts about the specifications and which is better..but those were my first impressions on those cars. Which is why I was hoping to get some advice when I went to check out the forums u guys mentioned. But whoaaaaa....there were so many differing opinions!!

*sigh* looks like it's back to square one for me. Maybe next weekend I'll have to go and test drive both cars again in another branch. (Just to give the kenari the benefit of the doubt) and I really want to make the right choice!

wja6227

Posted 13 January 2003 - 12:41 PM

wja6227

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
cshellx:
For me, neither the ATOS nor the Kenari is good. Have u ever thought about kelisa which is cheaper and really impressed me in regards to stability and power plus the appearance. But if u really want to choose amonng this two, then go for Kenari as I tried ATOS b4 and found out that the power and pickup is terrible. It's the same feeling with the kembara1.3 auto. No power and pick up at all. I think the only point to choose the ATOS is the design as I personally like it so much compares to kenari.

nocar

Posted 13 January 2003 - 01:37 PM

nocar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
never come back to the P2 salesman again, go get another one. the test car must be not being started for a long long time. kenari/kelisa shared the same engine but targeted to suit different lifestyle. Choose wisely.

Btw, kenari has alot friendly kawan-kawan and handsome too like hansc.Wink

AthlonXP

Posted 13 January 2003 - 03:40 PM

AthlonXP

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
yeah....if space is not an issue....

can consider the kelisa oso....
the car is easy to drive and super economical...(have to consider this also since petrol prices are increasing...Big Smile)

cshellz,

FYI, there is a posting by Chips in P2 forum stating that there will be a new face lift for the Kenari coming in April this year.

You might want to consider wating

hansc

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:39 AM

hansc

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
member-member ada la....tapi hansc mana adak handsome....

anyway, TT this Thursday @ Projet D'sara at 8.30pm.... for all Kenari and Kelisa as well as future Kenari and Kelisa owners.... SEE YOU THERE!!!