Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Yet Another Newbie Question On Wax & Polish

• Please log in to reply

Guest_g88_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

Guest_g88_*
  • Guests
just get the Perma Glass No.1 or No.2 clay..around Rm30 only

Orbital work like a 'maintaince' tool to me since it has very low cutting
power...so it suit you are start using it from the day one when you got
your car...

For heavy defect, you need rotaty buffer Big Smile

Machine polishing need more investment aside from machine itself, you need
different type of pad, product, backing plate (rotary) and etc...

Guest_mubull_*

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

Guest_mubull_*
  • Guests
hi anyone hv bought the Soft99 code 77 for dark colour car?

I found it hard when compares to PG no.2 (for dark). I did a testing on
bonnet with one session on soft99 and another with my used PG (still very
soft).

Results: Soft99 did much better job to remove tiny water marks which is
across my bonnet and it was almost all gone after 3 rounds of claying (1
round with 15 times rubbing). I used only plenty of water for the 2nd
round and soft99 stick on the bonnet but no issue with PG. 3rd round used
back water with little soap but not easy to remove those stain (soft99
clay) left by soft99

Cons: skirl and holo marks are seen. better used it with detailer or
water with shampoo and I will switch back to PG>

mubull

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

nuggyn,

Yes, they are the only one having them in liquid form.
Do you know how to use it?

They are not cheap either, like their ICE sealant.

rdgs,

wink.gif Hmm My previous posting on Soft99 code=77 black gone missing and not migrated. Jamie, pls help to look into it..

tks
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

xstan

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

xstan

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

1st & foremost. Would like to thank Turbo for his kind advice.

Bought the PG Clay no2. (I guess for light colour) & as per instruction given & as per Turbo Tips, my car now looks super shine & super smooth. Real SILKY smooth man...very proud of it. Its even batter then finishes wax job by car wash operator.

Thanks Turbo.

Oh btw, I got my PG for only RM23.00 after 20% discount at Jusco. The packing is attrative with enclosed manual. Proper casing for after used clay.

mubull

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

1st & foremost. Would like to thank Turbo for his kind advice.

Bought the PG Clay no2. (I guess for light colour) & as per instruction given & as per Turbo Tips, my car now looks super shine & super smooth. Real SILKY smooth man...very proud of it. Its even batter then finishes wax job by car wash operator.

Thanks Turbo.

Oh btw, I got my PG for only RM23.00 after 20% discount at Jusco. The packing is attrative with enclosed manual. Proper casing for after used clay.

Rm23 are cheap.. Hmmm will get myself another one since I feel more comfortable with it (softer). my previous PG cost RM30 and soft99 code:77 cost RM34.

G88,fishbone,Kris,macdue,darth,sherwin and more ... are also sifu's in detailing. You read their previous posting and u'll learn a lot. Happy Detailing and u shall lost a few pounds.
www.duragloss.com.my

xstan

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

xstan

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Thanks Mubull..I'm new to this detailing. It was a form of physical exercise to me for the weekend. My car looks great too.

BTW..both Soft & PG is available in Jusco & the retail price for both is about RM28.00. Soft 99 was offered only 10% discount. I pick PG due to its attractively packed & it came with a manual booklet. Soft 99 is all in Japs...couldnt understand.

PG came in 3 different base , for dark colour , light metalic colour & old ruin faded colour vehicle.

I cut into 2 & is able to keep in well into the casing.

vr2turbo

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
xstan,

Glad my advice was good enough for you to follow, and also glad you are happy with your results.

mubull was also poison by me on auto detailing.... I am not a pro, but could keep my car nice, clean and shinning at least.
mubull had a little better advice as he made appointment to detail his car at my place, therefore he had hands on.
Of course we did not finish the whole car. We did about half and he finish it himself at his place. Sometimes to the whee hour of midnight. Now his wife thinks he loves the car more....ha! ha!

If you keep up the waxing more often, you can refrain from using the clay bar for at least 6 months to a year....

rdgs,

mubull

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

xstan,

Glad my advice was good enough for you to follow, and also glad you are happy with your results.

mubull was also poison by me on auto detailing.... I am not a pro, but could keep my car nice, clean and shinning at least.
mubull had a little better advice as he made appointment to detail his car at my place, therefore he had hands on.
Of course we did not finish the whole car. We did about half and he finish it himself at his place. Sometimes to the whee hour of midnight. Now his wife thinks he loves the car more....ha! ha!

If you keep up the waxing more often, you can refrain from using the clay bar for at least 6 months to a year....

rdgs,

hehe thanks for advice and time VR. At least I get it started but my advice to forumers ,if no time then better dun touch it. VR used and try various product , but I do agreed tht some cheapo product do works ..at least is much more durable.

www.duragloss.com.my

xstan

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:54 AM

xstan

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

I was so proud tat I request my friends to FEEL my car...all was surprised tat I did all by my own sweat. They now ask for tips...unfortunately they are busy, thus realy on the drive in car wash centre.

I cleaning my 2nd car this weekend again.

just simply very satisfied at end result..I now have a habit to feel my car whenever I get into & out from it. I stand starring at it for 1 minute after parking.

clsiluf

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

clsiluf

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts
just want to ask let said in january, i do a complete detailing, from wash, clay, paint cleaner, polish and wax ...

then let said in march, if i want to wax, shall i start from clay and paint cleaner again ? of after wash straight apply wax ?