Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

is Accord SM4/ CB4 '91-'93 a good buy car?

• Please log in to reply

XtasCie

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

XtasCie

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 667 posts
Yea... how bad is the condition? smile_tongue.gif Can't give advice if dunno wat is wrong ma... smile_sleepy.gif

sm4accord

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

sm4accord

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
is this thread still active? i'm a newbie and i own a sm4 also..... mind sharing and guide me? my sm4 sucks, left over by my bro and i think it's 4/10 condition.

sm4accord

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

sm4accord

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
oops, din notice sum1 has already started to answer my quesiton.....let me list down...

SM4, manual, 1992.
err....

Exterior part nth much, crack and scratches evywhr, ( that 1 later oni fix)

here's a few problem which really bugs me,

air-cond spoilt, - suggest a place to fix it perhaps? nt evy foreman is gud and sumtimes they offer skyhigh prices after fix it, the engine was leaking oil and my bro took it and fix, that bugger charged RM1900!!! so expensive, after fixing it, no changes, the only different is the rpm when i turn on the car, instead of 1, it goes higher to 1.6/7 like dat.

Power window cacat, (probably motor problem or maybe jammed sumwhr) can only wind down half way and stuck there.

When overcoming corners the car makes squeeky noises (might be suspension i guess)

Plus the brake is not that gud i think , i dunno if its jz me, but the sm4 i'm driving whenever i apply brake it seems like pumping gas, compare to other cars i've drove like wira/vios their brake seems better, is it bcoz sm4 is lack of disc brake?? help me out.

There's a problem wif the clutch too, its too high and my dad says the clutch has worn out... (betul kah?)

The 5th gear and reverse gear seems to make noise,
when i chg to 5th gear it sounded like a ....pop-pop... its like i'm nt pressing the clutch entirely but when i check and do again, the same thing happens even if i fully applied my clutch.

The reverse gear is sumthg diff, when u chg into reverse gear SLOW ENOUGH it wont make loud noise, and my brother taught me to solve the problem by goin to 3rd and 4th gear, up and downs and then oni go into reverse gear, but its very troublesome, anyway to fix this?

and what engine oil u guyz using?

Nw i'm asking for a price check for the below items.

-steering(rubber cracked)
-gear (the leather shit tore apart ady, can see inside also)
-handbrake
-audio (speaker pecah~~)
-pedals ( yup, brake,accel,clutch)
-tinted glass, how much it'll cost to have tinted glass

THX VERY VERY MUCH, i live in kl but work in johor. any suggestion of workshop is welcome...thx... XD

hkhk012

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

hkhk012

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
wow, that lots of problem.

If that's me. I will get a honda prelude BB4/BB6 half-cut (H22A black top engine)[200HP for manual tranny and 190HP for auto tranny], and replace all parts. But, you need at least RM10k standby which included the half-cut cost about RM4.5k or above.

If you want more power, drop in a turbo or compressor . Make it up to 400HP, and your wheel need to change to 205/50/16 or wider + change to larger disc break set. But, be aware, your fuel economy will drop.

Do not ever try to get H22A red top (20HP extra based on black top only) from honda prelude, that half-cut will cost you RM12.5k. And this engine is not suitable for turbo.

smile_evil.gif spreading H22A poison.............

hkhk012

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

hkhk012

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
air-cond spoilt, - suggest a place to fix it perhaps? nt evy foreman is gud and sumtimes they offer skyhigh prices after fix it, the engine was leaking oil and my bro took it and fix, that bugger charged RM1900!!! so expensive, after fixing it, no changes, the only different is the rpm when i turn on the car, instead of 1, it goes higher to 1.6/7 like dat.

[Maybe your accelerate pedal cable too tight or tune the air/fuel ratio]

Power window cacat, (probably motor problem or maybe jammed sumwhr) can only wind down half way and stuck there.

[change to rotor will cost you RM150+/-, i just break my rotor last month smile_angry.gif ]

When overcoming corners the car makes squeeky noises (might be suspension i guess)

[dry shaft problem, cost RM300 above. I dunno the actual cost]

Plus the brake is not that gud i think , i dunno if its jz me, but the sm4 i'm driving whenever i apply brake it seems like pumping gas, compare to other cars i've drove like wira/vios their brake seems better, is it bcoz sm4 is lack of disc brake?? help me out.

[sufficient break oil?? open your bonnet and check. OR break pad worn out.]

There's a problem wif the clutch too, its too high and my dad says the clutch has worn out... (betul kah?)

[SM4 use hydrolic pump, if its too high. it can be adjust. Unless your car slow accelerate]

The 5th gear and reverse gear seems to make noise,
when i chg to 5th gear it sounded like a ....pop-pop... its like i'm nt pressing the clutch entirely but when i check and do again, the same thing happens even if i fully applied my clutch.

[do not know what problem, cannot help, sorry]

The reverse gear is sumthg diff, when u chg into reverse gear SLOW ENOUGH it wont make loud noise, and my brother taught me to solve the problem by goin to 3rd and 4th gear, up and downs and then oni go into reverse gear, but its very troublesome, anyway to fix this?

[clutch kong soon ??]

and what engine oil u guyz using?

Nw i'm asking for a price check for the below items.

-steering(rubber cracked)
-gear (the leather shit tore apart ady, can see inside also)
-handbrake
-audio (speaker pecah~~)
-pedals ( yup, brake,accel,clutch)
-tinted glass, how much it'll cost to have tinted glass