Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Calling Accord SM4 / CB3 / CB4 Owners

• Please log in to reply

putone

Posted 26 March 2003 - 04:17 PM

putone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts
My engine is stock standard..but my brakes are not as responsive as they used to be...serviced the master cylinder pump and rear brake booster & shoe + skimmed the front discs some time ago...still not enogh bite. That's why I suspect that the discs may need to be replaced.
Also wondering whether changing to discs at the rear and use of stainless steel brake hoses would help improve the situation.
By the way...am using Bendix metal king pads for the fronts. Any other recommended brands??

umarfatih

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:26 AM

umarfatih

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
putone
so this IAC valve is the same as valve controller? hopefully i can get it from takatsuki (+ fitting sekali)

good job 5550....and thank you for including sm4 on your homepage. can sm4 be fitted with h22a engine, i mean is it on the same platform - no need to change/modify mounting? can all other gadgets/dashboard be fitted in sm4 if we buy the 1/2-cutQuestion

putone

Posted 27 March 2003 - 05:59 PM

putone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts
umarfatih,
Itu valve nama die idle air control valve. Short form die aku dah tak sure samada EAC or IAC. Tapi kat kedai potong melambak.

Pasal H22A masuk SM4, better check out this site-http://www.h22a.org/4gswap.htm
but this guy uses his old Gbox from F22 engine. Kalau beli prelude half cut, mungkin boleh pakai Gbox and brake disc sekali ..tapi dashboard sorry la..tak ngam..
Time tgh mengidam dohc vtec dulu ada la gi survey halfcut kat Mun lee Puchong - RM3.5k. Sekarang ni might be cheaper.

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:17 PM

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
putone,

sorri ler i belum tukar brake pad on my car b4 so haven't got any info on that. Maybe something else you can check is the vaccum that is assisting your brakes. Perhaps some of the hoses are leaking... could be worth a shot coz I only hear of pple change the disc fro 2 reasons so far lah..

1) Crack
2) Too thin to skim the disc (due to warping)

Umar,
which takatsuki u go to? Ipoh Rd or Selayang?

SMfour

Posted 28 March 2003 - 07:33 PM

SMfour

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
Hi guys,

I have 2 questions here :

1. How many litres the engine oil do we need for Accord SM4. Last time I used 4 litres pack Castrol Magnetec, not enough and have to top-up with Bardahl 1 engine treatment to get the correct oil level. Since my car is second hand, I don't have the owner's manual book. Now I bought Shell Helix Plus 4 + 0.5 litre packs and used about 4.3 litres, the oil level is OK.

2. I've changed the gear oil at one of the workshop. The mechanic pumped directly from oil drum into the gear box. He charged me RM55.00 for 3 litres gear oil @ RM15.00/litre + RM10.00 labour. I don't know was it correct or not the 3 litres because he just estimate.
Can anybody who has the manual book comfirm this oil capacity. I feel I was cheated by the machanic.

FYI, my car is SM4 2.0 EXi (M)local Kah Motor model year 1993.

Thank You.

putone

Posted 29 March 2003 - 02:49 PM

putone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts
SMfour,
1. Your engine oil should be 4 litres sharp. Dunno about the extra 0.3 litres though. Wear and tear??

2. For AT, ATF fluid capacity is 7 litres. If flushing the entire AT, may use up to 9 litres. Draining the oil from the PAN should be about 3 litres. I think your mechanic is about right.

azarudin

Posted 30 March 2003 - 12:01 PM

azarudin

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi
I baru tahu yg owner Honda ada laman chit-chat, by the way, I pakai CB3/SM4 year 1990. Engine convert from caberator to fuel injection. Do you think that 20cent/km consider high (town) ?

SMfour

Posted 30 March 2003 - 01:03 PM

SMfour

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
Hi Azaruin,

I think 20cent/km is too high.

Mine is about these rates:

14.30cent/km (town)
13.33cent/km (mixed)
12.50cent/km (h'way).

Full tank (RM70.00), I can go from 500 to 550 km.

SMfour

Posted 30 March 2003 - 01:07 PM

SMfour

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
Azarudin,

Sorry, mis-spelled your name... Azaruin instead of Azarudin.Cool

umarfatih

Posted 30 March 2003 - 02:46 PM

umarfatih

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
5550/putone
went to takatsuki ipoh rd on friday, they charged me RM80 for the valve and RM20 for the service. tapi still tak betul-betul lagi. the timing still not stabil. kena pergi balik this weekend. as for the h22a, they offered me RM4.5k for BB and RM5.8k for CD6. upah another RM2k (tak masuk replaceable item lagi). just changed my front brake pad to bendix (but the size is not the same as normal sm4. my mechanic said it is big quite close to legend size)

smfour,
my f22a engine takes only 4 litres of lubricant which is much lower than my previous sv4

azarudin, welcome.