Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Regret Getting Fiesta?

Traction Control ABS

• Please log in to reply

cpford

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

cpford

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

If saying GB, oil leakage, etc are consider common problem with fiesta ... then could anyone tell me is traction control a common problem in ford car? especially fiesta.

1.6 HB not reaching 10 years.. millage barely 60K. Now facing traction control, ABS problem where require me to change Modulator and pump which COST RM7K+++. Wooi.. common... not RM700 or RM1k ++ (Please compare to this junk metal second hand value now... is it worth to repair?)

Is this a common wear and tear parts for ford car?

LOST confident...

alphawolf

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:24 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

so sorry to hear that. Actually how old is your car (yeah i know you've mentioned that its less than 10 years old) ? But 60K mileage is still considered low. 

I do not know about the traction control issues, but I had heard of the myriad of problems with the DCT transmission (known as the Power$hit in Australia) and the Ecoboost engine. 

Possible to get a second hand one ? 

vr2turbo

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:23 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Not sure if second hand parts are easily available since the fiesta is not that popular here. Even my old Sonata III, lucky some parts are still available since it was based on the Mitsubishi engine, but body parts really hard to find or not at all

cpford

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:37 PM

cpford

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

so sorry to hear that. Actually how old is your car (yeah i know you've mentioned that its less than 10 years old) ? But 60K mileage is still considered low. 

I do not know about the traction control issues, but I had heard of the myriad of problems with the DCT transmission (known as the Power$hit in Australia) and the Ecoboost engine. 

Possible to get a second hand one ?

Exactly ~~ highlight here, 60K (low millage, not as if "fast & furious") Therefor, this issue occur ! So need to ask FORD boss or either luck isn't with me..

Power shift / Air shift is the gear system for this car... could be the selling point, could also be the headache. (Ask the engineer or manufacturer)

Second hand parts unless not expensive, orelse why would i spend a chunk of amount for it when car value no longer worth.