Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Waja Problems

• Please log in to reply

tra.expand

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

tra.expand

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have a proton waja 1.6, automatic transmission, I drive it since 2009, I'm new and I have a two problems

- Temperature problem: The temperature gauge is an analog. Normally, when I drive, the temperature gauge rises up in to normal level this is in highway driving, but when I drive in city in a traffic jam the temperature gauge suddenly rise up and then go down, this is associated with cooling fan rotation.

-Electrical problem, this happened three times first one when I changed the battery, second one when I went to maintenance workshop, they had to remove the battery cables, the third one is when I installed a sound system also I had to remove the battery cables, the problem is after remove the battery cables for around 15 minutes and connect them again, I tried to drive the car but the engine stopped automatically, this is associated when I shift the gear to D also the RPM gauge show me the engine in 3000 RPM but in fact the engine works as normal in 700 RPM.

midnight73

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:34 PM

midnight73

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi, if you could help with pointers on this topic. My Waja - I bought a new starter (RM396) in July 2018 & new battery (RM279.85) in April 2018. Nowadays, I find that the battery dies when I try to start the car after it is unused for a day or two days. Which is rather troublesome .. any suggestions of what the problem could be? I do like the car otherwise. It's still going strong - 180km, 2003 purchase. Thanks, M.

vr2turbo

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:12 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Hi, if you could help with pointers on this topic. My Waja - I bought a new starter (RM396) in July 2018 & new battery (RM279.85) in April 2018. Nowadays, I find that the battery dies when I try to start the car after it is unused for a day or two days. Which is rather troublesome .. any suggestions of what the problem could be? I do like the car otherwise. It's still going strong - 180km, 2003 purchase. Thanks, M.

First check whether the battery have problem, meaning cannot keep charge. The battery shop can do a load test. If ok, then need to send to wire man to check if there is a parasitic leak, meaning any thing in your car drawing high current even when the car is off. It can be a light, alarm, the head unit etc. Parasitic leak can drain your battery.....

tpl

Posted 18 September 2023 - 05:57 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts

wow super experience unker thanks for your help

2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:19 PM

vr2turbo