Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Wira Throttle -- Alternative Ficd ?

• Please log in to reply

mghong

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

mghong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
Hi , My 2000 Wira 1.5 Manual , last year throttle body spoil as the idle go up crazy and not stable. and finally it start broken as the idle can't go down even the mech also recommend me to change. I change a recon one and it last me for 4 month as the same condition come back again. I change to FICD as advice by one of the mech.. he said this will by pass throttle body. and now the start engine idle was great. But i notice that 2 thing 1)Aircon compressor fan was alway -ON... 2)Petrol consumption previously pump sunday and can last till friday but now i need to pump petrol either wednesday or thursday morning. Is it the con to install FICD ?

vr2turbo

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Is your air con cold? Fan on could be because compressor is on. When air con cold reach set temperature, it will cut the compressor and that will cut the fan too. If air con always on, fan also will be always on....

Should not be as the FICD only compensate idling so cannot be taking up so much fuel. What did your mechanic say?

mghong

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

mghong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

mech said it is like that ficd did comsup more fuel then before but i ask another wiremen and he said can tune...

dont know who correct and wrong . anyhow i services my compressor fan..it is my radiator fan spoil already...not able to work..

now ficd. and waiting to overhaul for engine

vr2turbo

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

mech said it is like that ficd did comsup more fuel then before but i ask another wiremen and he said can tune...

dont know who correct and wrong . anyhow i services my compressor fan..it is my radiator fan spoil already...not able to work..

now ficd. and waiting to overhaul for engine

One thing after another. Car getting old, time for a new one......lol

leongts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

my guess is your IACV is giving problem. nowadays can solve this problem for far cheaper coz no need to buy entire TB. no need to compromise original design by modifying in a foreign FICD (normally toyota part)

there is this guy in lowyat forum automotive garage marketplace section that is selling the lower section of TB aka IACV separately. price is maybe around rm300 and install it elsewhere.

Cybreed

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Cybreed

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:some things

I drive a y2k 1.5Auto wira... having idling issues as well.. my mech did some mods so far now more stable, just some days it will idle higher a while, after a few revs it will be back to normal.. reversing the car with A/C on will stutter the car slightly. 

Complain on the present, Blame it on the past.