Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Buying A Car In Sabah And Transfer To Kuala Lumpur

• Please log in to reply

arkmars

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

arkmars

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hi, i am planning on getting a used car since i just got my driving license. Is it possible for me to buy a used car in Sabah and ship it to Kuala Lumpur?

note:full cash buying the car and i live in Kuala Lumpur

Thanks beforehand,cheers

vr2turbo

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,962 posts

Yes you can, but why? Is the car cheaper there? Because you will have to transfer your files to KL and also need to ship the car over and that will cost some money

arkmars

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

arkmars

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

Yes you can, but why? Is the car cheaper there? Because you will have to transfer your files to KL and also need to ship the car over and that will cost some money

Yes it is somehow cheaper but when i contacted the sellers they said *only for sabah* i am curious on knowing why. Do u know why ?

I understand the shipping will cost some money

vr2turbo

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,962 posts

Should not be. I had an ex staff who was from KK. we transferred him to our KL office and he ask us to ship his car over.

Unless you are referring to Labuan, then cannot because Labuan is duty free, just like Langkawi in West Malaysia, the car cannot be used in Main land Malaysia.....