Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Does Tire Pressure Effect Wheel Alignment?

• Please log in to reply

vernond

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:23 AM

vernond

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

I had both my front tires replaced with Michelin PS3 after surveying a few shops and finally settled for this shop in Bukit Kemuning as their offer was the best. 

Balancing was free, however they were reluctant to say how much their price for chamber adjustment was. Upon replacing my tires and hooking up their alignment machine I found all four wheels out of alignment slightly. This is when their ax begin to swing. It was RM20 per tire. This also raised my suspicion since the car was driving straight before I replaced the tires.  

Upon reaching home I got my pressure gauge out and measured the pressure of both the newly replaced front tires and found the right hand front tire pressure at 275 Kpa and left front tire at 325 Kpa. The recommended tire pressure is 200 Kpa for my wira. The tire size is 195/55/15.

So this brings out the question does tire pressure effect the wheel alignment and have I been cheated by this shop? 

lelong.com.my/friendlystore

vr2turbo

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,464 posts

Firstly you adjust camber or alignment? If alignment out why adjust camber? Alignment is usually RM30 for front and 40 for both front and rear. Camber adjustment can be RM20 to 30 per wheel. This is because need to take wheel out adjust put wheel back and check again. If still out need to repeat the process, that is why that is expensive.

For alignment they just adjust the steering nut/lock nut at tie rod end.

However the camber con can be they show you camber out need to adjust where the thing is still in good order....lol

For you question, if one is high and one is low air pressure the camber can be out, but now for yours both are over, so I don't think so. However they could have adjusted their machine to should the bad results too.....