Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Harrier 2.4G Vibrates At Idle!?!

• Please log in to reply

littlegreyharrier

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

littlegreyharrier

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
Hi all gurus, My 06 harrier 2.4G vibrates at idle with D engaged, rpm around slightly more than 500rpm with aircon on. With N engaged, the vibration will go away. With aircon off with D engaged, the rpm is stabilised at 500rpm with no vibrations. Engine mounting, suspension, throttle body cleaning, maf cleaning all have been done. Hopefully one of you gurus can assist. Thanks!

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts

Can tune idling higher when in D? Look likely compressor got load, since with air con off no vibration....

littlegreyharrier

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

littlegreyharrier

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
Can tune idling higher when in D? Look likely compressor got load, since with air con off no vibration....

unsure if the idling can be tune higher. i was told its e-throttle so can't really adjust the low idle rpm.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts

Oh! you asking the same thing here. If cannot tune then check hoses for leak and/or whether the FICD working or not. When air con kicks in, the Fast Idle should work to compensate the load

littlegreyharrier

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

littlegreyharrier

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts

Oh! you asking the same thing here. If cannot tune then check hoses for leak and/or whether the FICD working or not. When air con kicks in, the Fast Idle should work to compensate the load[/quote]

whats the FICD? is it the IACV? thanks

vr2turbo

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts

Yup, called differently. Some call stepper motor, servomotor, FICD, IAVC......idling speed is control by ECU so when extra load the valve will compensate the idling speed up

limcw8067

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

limcw8067

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi Peter,

I am an ex-owner of a '07 Toyota Harrier 2.4G. Back in 2014, my Harrier suffered the same problem
as yours. My problem arised from when my battery went dead, my idiot just "cabut battery" & replaced
a new one. Subsequently, the car suffered low rpm when in D (and when aircond is ON), brake pressed
and when stop at traffic light. The car will vibrate, rpm fluctuates before it stabilize back.

My cure was to clean the throttle body. For the 1st cleaning work, it was done by the same idiot mechanic.
Symptoms persist, Then I went to Auto Vision located at Sunway PJS 11 for the 2nd & "thorough" cleaning,
after which the problems were solved.

However, I remember about 6-8 months later, the symptoms recur, albeit only occasionally. By that time, I was
about to upgrade to Lexus RX350. So finally traded in my '07 Harrier.

Look like this is a common problem in Harrier. In fact, when shopping around for RX350 (V6 engine), I found out even
Lexus RX270 (pre-facelift version, inline 4 cylinder engine like Harrier) suffers the same issues.

Hope this helps.