Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ep6T Aux Engine Oil Cooler & Atf Cooler

• Please log in to reply

wildfaye29

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

wildfaye29

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts

Hi guys,

Wondering if any of you have installed auxiliary engine oil cooler and ATF cooler on your cars?

I'm running a big hybrid turbo on my 308CC 1.6THP (EP6) with Aisin 6 speed auto. Estimated dyno is 280bhp/400nm at flywheel.

I require additional cooling to bring down the heat in the engine and gearbox and appreciate any tips on the installing of any aux cooling.

Thanks in advance!

vr2turbo

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Yes, you can fit the cooler but need to pipe out hose and return hose. ATF have original hose where you can tap from, but if your car do not have existing engine oil cooler you need to modify and tap from somewhere.

wildfaye29

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

wildfaye29

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Definitely it can be done, its matter of how to.

I am trying to find out on the types of auxiliary fittings and how to tips on how this can be done.

1) engine oil cooler - location of sandwich plate adapter, type of sandwich plate adapter

2) atf cooler - location of the cooler lines to the radiator, type of fittings

hope someone can point to photos, videos, etc.

thanks in advance.

intermilan

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:49 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Hi guys,

Wondering if any of you have installed auxiliary engine oil cooler and ATF cooler on your cars?

I'm running a big hybrid turbo on my 308CC 1.6THP (EP6) with Aisin 6 speed auto. Estimated dyno is 280bhp/400nm at flywheel.

I require additional cooling to bring down the heat in the engine and gearbox and appreciate any tips on the installing of any aux cooling.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

The Aisin AW-made gearbox that come with 308cc is marketed by Peugeot as AT6 gearbox. It is officially known by Aisin AW as TF-70SC.

I'm just want to share with you that this gearbox (i.e. TF-70SC) was developed to withstand peak/max torque capability of up to 300Nm only. Naturally, anyone wish to tune their Prince engine, should take note of this limitation.

And based on experience, gearbox oil cooler is a hit-or-miss thingy rather than a sure thing.

Tuning by taking into account the gearbox capability and probably there is no need for extra cooling.

wildfaye29

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

wildfaye29

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts

Hi,

The Aisin AW-made gearbox that come with 308cc is marketed by Peugeot as AT6 gearbox. It is officially known by Aisin AW as TF-70SC.

I'm just want to share with you that this gearbox (i.e. TF-70SC) was developed to withstand peak/max torque capability of up to 300Nm only. Naturally, anyone wish to tune their Prince engine, should take note of this limitation.

And based on experience, gearbox oil cooler is a hit-or-miss thingy rather than a sure thing.

Tuning by taking into account the gearbox capability and probably there is no need for extra cooling.

Hi, thanks for the info.

The question now is, can the TF-70SC be modified to take higher torque?