Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Between Jazz And Swift Secondhand

faizshariff7

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

faizshariff7

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'm a newly employed person who work in KL. With a budget of 30K++, what is the best secondhand car available right now? I'm looking at Jazz, Swift or Myvi. TQ!

vr2turbo

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

I'm a newly employed person who work in KL. With a budget of 30K++, what is the best secondhand car available right now? I'm looking at Jazz, Swift or Myvi. TQ!

Depends on what you looking for. Good driving, stable handling, easy maintenance, etc....

I know some commended that Suzuki parts are harder to find and more expensive.

Jazz is nice car to drive but some complain it is small

Myvi many on the road, but then parts are readily available and easier to maintain.

So it is all up to you what you want. Probably you should go and test drive all 3 cars and see which you like the most.....

faizshariff7

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

faizshariff7

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts

Depends on what you looking for. Good driving, stable handling, easy maintenance, etc....

I know some commended that Suzuki parts are harder to find and more expensive.

Jazz is nice car to drive but some complain it is small

Myvi many on the road, but then parts are readily available and easier to maintain.

So it is all up to you what you want. Probably you should go and test drive all 3 cars and see which you like the most.....

Thanks!

Actually all of the above criteria..hahaha :P

For the price 30K++, the market can give me 05 06 Jazz. Thats already around 10-11 years.

But for Swift, i can get the car for the year 07 08 which is better than Jazz.

and Myvi, easily i can get around 2011 or 2012 car which is only around 4-5 years old.

So, if the aged older, will the maintenance cost be much higher or more problems will happen to the car? 

vr2turbo

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:36 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

Thanks!

Actually all of the above criteria..hahaha :P

For the price 30K++, the market can give me 05 06 Jazz. Thats already around 10-11 years.

But for Swift, i can get the car for the year 07 08 which is better than Jazz.

and Myvi, easily i can get around 2011 or 2012 car which is only around 4-5 years old.

So, if the aged older, will the maintenance cost be much higher or more problems will happen to the car? 

Yup, age is another factor but then again got to see the mileage used also. Parts wear with age and usages too.

Since you are going to be a new owner, I suggest you get a newer car, so looks likely the Myvi is your better choice. However try to get a mechanic or friend who knows about cars to see the car before you purchase it.

Look for rust, accident tell tales and engine whether healthy or not.....

faizshariff7

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:04 AM

faizshariff7

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts

Yup, age is another factor but then again got to see the mileage used also. Parts wear with age and usages too.

Since you are going to be a new owner, I suggest you get a newer car, so looks likely the Myvi is your better choice. However try to get a mechanic or friend who knows about cars to see the car before you purchase it.

Look for rust, accident tell tales and engine whether healthy or not.....

True, i plan to do that also..bring a mechanic friend together when we see the car.

About Myvi, its my last choice coz i could only get 1.3 model for 30K++..plus, i'm more into power and speed actually.

Especially when i want to drive the car to my kampung at Terengganu from KL. So, that why im thinking about Jazz Vtec or Swift coz i heard them to be more powerfull than myvi right.  :lol:

vr2turbo

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

True, i plan to do that also..bring a mechanic friend together when we see the car.

About Myvi, its my last choice coz i could only get 1.3 model for 30K++..plus, i'm more into power and speed actually.

Especially when i want to drive the car to my kampung at Terengganu from KL. So, that why im thinking about Jazz Vtec or Swift coz i heard them to be more powerfull than myvi right.  :lol:

Then Different ball game already as you will require stability, handling and power. Yup, the other 2 have 1.5L power plant but why don't you test drive them first before you decide

faizshariff7

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

faizshariff7

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts

Then Different ball game already as you will require stability, handling and power. Yup, the other 2 have 1.5L power plant but why don't you test drive them first before you decide

Yup..at the end of the day, i'll have to drive and test both car myself and see out their differences.

Right now, Jazz vtec is my choice coz its vtec engine and its cool design. But, im quite concern about the age factor. Do Honda Jazz aged 10-11 years old still be reliable to be driven? 

vr2turbo

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

Yup..at the end of the day, i'll have to drive and test both car myself and see out their differences.

Right now, Jazz vtec is my choice coz its vtec engine and its cool design. But, im quite concern about the age factor. Do Honda Jazz aged 10-11 years old still be reliable to be driven? 

All depends on the maintenance of the car. I still have a 20 and 25 years old cars, but they are manual. Auto car just afraid of their gear boxes...

Reply to this topic