Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Wira '08 (Wise) Special Edition 1.5Gli Auto - Road To Natural Aspiration

proton wira special edition wise fuel injection natural aspiration modification automatic improvement performance

• Please log in to reply

niklys

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

niklys

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Dear Sifu(s) / Professional Modifiers / Experienced People(s),

To begin, I have little to no experience as well as not much knowledge on automotive knowledge, thus, I'll do my best to be as constructive and detailed as I am able to.

*Budget / Expenses Will to Commit*
-Modification Purposes = RM5,000 (subject to go for more, if really deemed effective)
-Yearly Maintenance Commitment = RM2,500 (more or less, exclusive of yearly road tax and car insurance)

*Objective of modification - General goal is to have a stock looking car with better under the hood performance*
-Improvement of throttle response and pick up from 0-100 km/h (goal).
-Improvement on hill climbing potential or ability to maintain 60-80 km/h on Karak Highway or Genting path (optional).
-Improvement of fuel consumption (optional).
-Comfortable drive with great tolerance to bumpiness and damping of potholes, etc (goal).
-Comfortable drive at 120 km/h with minimal to no wind noise and road noise (goal).
-Improvement on lesser/minimal car chassis body roll when cornering around 60-80 km/h, nothing more than that (goal).

*Car information*
Model - Proton Wira Special Edition (WiSE) '08
Bodykit - Proton Wira Special Edition Original Bodykit
Transmission - Automatic Transmission with 3 gears only (F3A21, stock)
Ownership - First hand since 2008.
Mileage - 65,000 kilometers (+-)
Engine Battery - Century Ultramax.
Engine Oil - Shell Helix HX7 10W-40 (semi synthetic oil, 5k mileage lifespan).
Auto Transmission Fluid - Proton donno what oil.
Oil Usage - Ron95 (generally, commonly).
Shock Absorbers - Stock Oil Absorbers (2 front oil leaking, 1 behind oil leaking, need to change asap).
Spring - Stock spring.
Suspension Mounting - Stock rubber mounting.
Suspension Bushing - Stock bushing.
Tyre - Escta SPT XRP 205/55-16
Brake - Stock brake pads.
Crank Pulley - Stock crank pulley.
Rims - Stock Proton sport rims 16' inch.
Timing Belt - Stock timing belt (just replaced it as it had recently reached 60,000 km)
ECU - Stock Siemens VDO (stupid ECU).
Engine - Stock 4g15p SOHC engine.
Extractor - Stock 4/2/1 extractor.
Exhaust System - Stock Wira Special Edition (WiSE) exhaust muffler and pipe.
Air Filter - Stock air filter box.
Throttle Body - Stock TB 42mm.
Carb / FI - Stock fuel injection panel.
Spark Plug - Stock copper spark plug (8 years old and have not yet change :lol:)
Radiator - Stock radiator (8 years old, looking forward to replace due to age).
Air-Condition Fan - Stock air-cond fan (just replaced cause had broken down).
Door Lining - Stock body and door rubber lining (8 years old, probably dead or harden already).
Sound Proofing - Nothing done so far.
Anti Roll Bar - Nothing done so far.
Sound System - Nakamichi sound player with one amplifier, one subwoofer inside my car boot, and 4 mini additional speakers to the current stock speakers.

*My current plan for modification*
-Change stock filter air box to K&N drop-in-air filter.
-Change throttle body to bigger size (probably 52mm to 55mm)
-Add on Ultra Racing strut bar on front 4 point strut tower bar and rear strut bar (maybe middle of the car too).
-Add on sound dampening acoustic material on 4 of my doors and mudguard (3M material film).
-Add on plug and play sound dampening foam on my car bonnet.
-Add on a fuel pressure regulator kit.
-Replacing my body and door rubber lining (8 pieces in total) for a new OEM made ones.
-Replace shock absorber (all of them) to Kayaba shock absorbers (2 front oil, 2 rear gas)
-Replace a bigger cooler water pipe (to withstand further potential heat from my car).
-Replace my copper spark plugs to Iridium grade spark plugs.
-Replace stock crank pulley to lightweighted crank pulley (LCP).
-Retuning my Siemens VDO ECU (donno should I do so, as bad reviews had been seen).

From the above, kindly do feel free to share with me your experience on what may I improve or change to get a better performance and comfortable experience from my ride. It would be better to change a new or another manufacturer car, but this car has sentimental value to me, thus, I want to keep it for self value.

Thank you in advance for those who are going to or had already helped me out by giving comments or guides.

Yours genuinely,
Nikly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: proton, wira, special edition, wise, fuel injection, natural aspiration, modification, automatic, improvement, performance