Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Door Lock Snapped Off?

• Please log in to reply

aworldtochange2016

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

aworldtochange2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I have a Proton Savvy and my door lock snapped off on the driver's side. It has central locking with a remote key, however, when I tried to unlock it the door lock has fallen out of place where the hole is which means I can not lock or unlock the driver's side?

I tried looking at the manual but was unsuccessful. I can only think of taking the door apart but this will be a mystery for me.

So I really need your help here.

mmelxh.jpg

Thanks in advance

vr2turbo

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:55 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Your mechanic or accessory shop can fix that for you.....

aworldtochange2016

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

aworldtochange2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Your mechanic or accessory shop can fix that for you.....

Notice why I went throught the trouble of posting so I can maybe find a better solution of doing it myself? The most obvious answer would be a mechanic.

Thanks (I think??)

vr2turbo

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

Notice why I went throught the trouble of posting so I can maybe find a better solution of doing it myself? The most obvious answer would be a mechanic.

Thanks (I think??)

Because they way I read your post, you don't seems to be a DIY person and the locking mechanism is not easy to do if you are a newbie.

Just to explain to you. You have to locate all the screws holding the door panel, including the door handle etc. You have to pry the panel from the door as there will be plastic plugs behind. Make sure you don't snap any or loose/drop any as you need them to fit the panel back on. After you pry the panel off, disconnect wiring plug for your power window and power lock. After you remove the panel there will have a plastic layer, which you have to carefully remove as this needs to be fitted back also. This layer is to prevent rain water from coming in. After you remve this plastic layer then you start to locate the locking mechanism and it is not open, there are a lot of bars, frame, blocking including your window mechanism also, so good luck if you want to DIY.....

limking

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:45 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Better to be safer than to be sorry . Pay close attention when your mech or accessory guy is fixing it .Can learn a thing or two from him .Don't be shy to ask question .My two cents worth .

PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

Better to be safer than to be sorry . Pay close attention when your mech or accessory guy is fixing it .Can learn a thing or two from him .Don't be shy to ask question .My two cents worth .

Bro. limking, most of the time I stand by close to learn a thing or two, so when that day my power lock ko, I wanted to try DIY. Then on second thought why not let my mechanic do it this time first then see what he does. The removing of door panel etc., I did many times already but after seeing what he did I think better let him earn the RM20 to 30. Even for him it took like 2 hours, this was because he had to remove the door lock to get to the remote unit. Then when fixing back he has to fine tune the level of push and pull. He had to take out 2 to 3 times to adjust this and more over the tiny space to work in will be difficult for my huge hands.....hahhahhahaha

limking

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Agreed.

PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE