Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volvo 850Gl

• Please log in to reply

mghong

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

mghong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

My father plan to give me his 850GL and asked me to sell of my Wira to get some money to rework on this car.

i can see that the interior material all loose out .. Anyone got experience to 'revise' it life ?? Is it good decision to take the car or ?

btw i own an Wira 1.5 GL(Manual) yr 2k model...that 850GL 2.5 model i recall it yr manu is = 1998...2 yr older than my wira.

Any expert advise is appreciate...

vr2turbo

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:24 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

850 is the 5 cylinder model, but as far as I know maintenance of the Volvo is high, especially when it have aged. However driving a Volvo against a Wira is totally another experience. So you have to choose between that.

Interior material in what sense. If upholstery, then can just refurbish.

mghong

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

mghong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

2500cc is my concern but really driving volvo and Wira is different. i only worry on the FC nia...since i travel alot within KL hence it will kill me if it breakdown or drink too much fuel.

but i do understand that something need to trade off between comfort and plain steel hahaha

vr2turbo

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Yup, got pros and cons. Even Road tax is very high. Your wira if 1.6 only RM90, 2.5L is RM880, that is why I limit my car to 2.0L only as after 2.0L the rate jumps a lot. My 2.0 is RM380 so got 500 difference with 2.5L. Fuel consumption is one thing, I am only scare of spare parts and breakdown since the car is quite old. Even though the wira is just as old but very common and many can service and repair.