Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Help! Stripped/damaged Wire In Gearbox

• Please log in to reply

KrisMas

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:56 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Need urgent advice/recommendation.

Some details:

Car:  Chery Eastar 2.0

Year Made: 2008

Age of car: 5 yrs

Mileage: 120 000 km
Transmission: PSA DP0

ATF: Elf Renaultmatic D3 Syn

IMG-20150103-00298.jpg

I was doing some maintenance/cleaning of the transmission valve block (valve body) the other day and noticed that one of the wire going to the solenoid valve is damaged. Anybody know any fix without requiring to replace the whole set of wire harness?

Hyd Blk 008.jpg

TIA

vr2turbo

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts

If only the casing can just wrap them back?

rallychamp

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

use shrink tube maybe?

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

KrisMas

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Under normal circumstances, I would just cut the wire, insert a heat shrink sleeve, solder the wires then cover it with the heat shrink. But I don't know whether it's safe to do that considering it's inside a sealed transmission and susceptable to high heat and also high temp ATF.

KrisMas

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

I've been googling around and found out that there is such a thing as high temperature chemical resistant heat shrink. Will I be better off using that and, if so, anybody know where I can find it?

vr2turbo

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts

Under normal circumstances, I would just cut the wire, insert a heat shrink sleeve, solder the wires then cover it with the heat shrink. But I don't know whether it's safe to do that considering it's inside a sealed transmission and susceptable to high heat and also high temp ATF.

The wire inside the transmission? Pictures shows it is on the outside.

Not sure where to get high temperature heat shrink

KrisMas

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

The wire inside the transmission? Pictures shows it is on the outside.

Not sure where to get high temperature heat shrink

Sad to say....yes. Technically it is inside the gearbox, behind the valve body. I opened the cover with the intention to service/clean the transmission hydraulic block (valve body) due to some irregular/irratic jerking when shifting gears and incidentally found it after removing the hydraulic block.

Btw, how's your Tiggo running? Any major problems (yet)?

vr2turbo

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts

Mine lower mileage, around 50+k km only. About 1 year old time, had gear lever issue. Could not engage reverse, they change the cable. Later something similar happen they change the whole gear assembly.

Lately check engine light came on and idling rough. Send back for scan they say oxygen sensor, so they clean and reset. Mention if same thing comes back need to change the sensors.

Other issue are poor rubber quality. The roof top aerial failed and rubber base crack. The front windscreen rubber lining also crack and peel. Other than that all okay,

Since yours already 120k km, when did you change the timing belt? Oh! wait, yours is 2008 model how come 2.0L? Those days not the 2.4L Mitsu engine. I remember waiting for the Acteco engine which is 2.0L in 2010

KrisMas

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Mine lower mileage, around 50+k km only. About 1 year old time, had gear lever issue. Could not engage reverse, they change the cable. Later something similar happen they change the whole gear assembly.

Lately check engine light came on and idling rough. Send back for scan they say oxygen sensor, so they clean and reset. Mention if same thing comes back need to change the sensors.

Other issue are poor rubber quality. The roof top aerial failed and rubber base crack. The front windscreen rubber lining also crack and peel. Other than that all okay,

Since yours already 120k km, when did you change the timing belt? Oh! wait, yours is 2008 model how come 2.0L? Those days not the 2.4L Mitsu engine. I remember waiting for the Acteco engine which is 2.0L in 2010

Good to hear that...no major problems.
Changed my timing belt at around 80k km. Warranty was over at that time so I bought the timing belt set myself and send it to a workshop outside (ex-Chery mechanic) for the installation.
Ooops...should have said 2008 is for the transmission (based on the identifications). The car itself is 2010 model with the Acteco engine and I chose the model without the sunroof (when I got to know beforehand that the sunroof is actuall aftermarket).

vr2turbo

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts

Oh! Yours changed at 80k km. The SC ask to change since ours is 50k km, but then already 5 years, so more or less time to change already because I broke my Accord one last time. 40k km only but car already 5 years old that time