Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja 1.8 - Finally The Engine Gave Up

• Please log in to reply

miaaiman

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

miaaiman

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
After 13 long years, my waja 1.8 is due for a transplant. Aircond is down and suddenly the touch pad was out.. decided that a transplant is better than fixing the renault engine. Shopped around and decided on one in Damansara Damai which is nearer to my place and his ads which is always in mudah. Will continue to give update here on the transplant. :)

pwira97

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

pwira97

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

After 13 long years, my waja 1.8 is due for a transplant. Aircond is down and suddenly the touch pad was out.. decided that a transplant is better than fixing the renault engine. Shopped around and decided on one in Damansara Damai which is nearer to my place and his ads which is always in mudah. Will continue to give update here on the transplant. :)

aircond and touch pad faulty then need to transplant engine?

btw, what is touch pad?

vr2turbo

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,296 posts

aircond and touch pad faulty then need to transplant engine?

btw, what is touch pad?

Yah! was about to ask the same thing?

vr2turbo

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,296 posts

What engine can you transplant in? Does the Renault engine have same engine mounting as the Mitsu engine?

miaaiman

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

miaaiman

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
Yes. Transplant with mivec ck. Renault engine is good just that parts is expensive and only certain mechanics knows best. I have good mechanic in che wan of subang bestari.
I need to repair the touchpad. Waterhost leaking. Aircond. Gearbox slipping if lack pressure (engine cold). Selling will still be difficult with low value. Hence, decided to transplant with mivec engine.

miaaiman

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

miaaiman

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
Touchpad is the security sensor

pwira97

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

pwira97

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Touchpad is the security sensor

was it a cobra module? like a stick sometime after 1 min no start engine need to touch it in order to start?

seems similar module like older toyota cars?