Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Eat Black Oil ...old Wira

• Please log in to reply

mghong

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:34 AM

mghong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

Hi ,

My wira started to eat black oil for every 5k run ,  i need to top up my black oil at the last 4k in order to keep up..:)

initially the problem is even worse after we diagnose it is due to cooler issue with water tank ..(imaging i need to check my oil level almost every odd day).

i asked my mechanical to check , he response that it might be some wear and tear happen and ask me to change to a thinker oil so this round.

I asked him whether did i need to do a top overhual or engine overhual..but he said not yet ....any advise ?

vr2turbo

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts

Hi ,

My wira started to eat black oil for every 5k run ,  i need to top up my black oil at the last 4k in order to keep up.. :)

initially the problem is even worse after we diagnose it is due to cooler issue with water tank ..(imaging i need to check my oil level almost every odd day).

i asked my mechanical to check , he response that it might be some wear and tear happen and ask me to change to a thinker oil so this round.

I asked him whether did i need to do a top overhual or engine overhual..but he said not yet ....any advise ?

Bro. mghong,

Not sure why you mention water tank got direct relation with engine oil consumption?

Anyway, Oil consumption can be from many issues.

Have you check for any leakages? Wira top gasket prone to leaks

If exterior no sign of leaks then should be wear and tear and that means piston or piston rings worn. How much is your oil consumption, meaning at 4k km top up how much oil? If only a little should be okay. Thicker oil may help, but engine will feel heavier.

Check spark plugs, is it oily?

If need to do overhaul, need to open the head, check how loose are the pistons, and cylinder wall for wear. If piston slightly loose and cylinder wall still good, just do a piston ring change. If piston is loose and cylinder wall is worn, need full overhaul, means change pistons and rings and rebore cylinder.....

mghong

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:58 PM

mghong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

Hi Vr,..

some how it happen to resolve my problem when my water tank having frequent dry out and same goes with engine oil too.

i check there is no leakages on car porch area..and also the gasket...i change it once b4 around 5 yr ago ..:)

i ask mechani to see whether is it piston ring or even engineer need to overhaul but he said change now on the thicker oil see whether it improve first.

spark plugs so far ok ..no issue.

good advise u give ..i will take it and ask them to check if my engine oil still having faster consumption.

vr2turbo

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts

If oil consumption is not much, just add everytime it goes down......