Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hid Lights

• Please log in to reply

bearuang

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

bearuang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
Hi V406,

Thanks for the info. Do you have the address of the shop?

Yesterday I went to Brothers, they say it can not fit to my 407 (H1-55ww) coz in pugs they have different kaki pasang in the blub.
Bearuang

vr2turbo

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:44 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Mar 6 2015, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Vr2turbo, I didn't notice any off focus of light after replaced with china made HID bulb , maybe is due to my car was fitted with self level adjustment function for the head light.

Yours are projector type? If yes, then understand as they are in focus already..... smile_tongue.gif

rallychamp

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (bearuang @ Mar 9 2015, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi V406,

Thanks for the info. Do you have the address of the shop?

Yesterday I went to Brothers, they say it can not fit to my 407 (H1-55ww) coz in pugs they have different kaki pasang in the blub.

abang beruang....

your car was HID model or halogen model???

because if Halogen type sure u need H1 55w bulb....

but i think yours was HID model and if u need replacement HID bulb definately u need D2s HID bulb...oem or aftermarket doesnt really matter too much as long as u get the correct bulb model (*D2s).....

but normally HID bulb doesnt burnt out....its usually the HID ballast....try swap both left bulb into right headlamp and right bulb into left headlamp...see if its the same side that not lit....if the same side not lit..means u have to replace the ballast.....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

mot88

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

mot88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
To double confirm is HID, turn on the light and if HID, it will be whitish first and turn to less white 1 min later.
If SC wanted RM 500 per HID bulb including labor , that's a fair price. 407 is using HID bulb code D2S.
If halogen, it is different code.
The D2S bulb carried by spare part shop selling European marque is around RM 430 - RM 450 each (either Osram or Philips)

If you want reasonably priced D2S, go to Japaneses car maker spare part shop (those kind that sell on 1 or 2 types of Japanese car maker -not the typical generic shop) and tell them Camry HID D2S bulb.
The price 3-4 years ago is RM 200 each (bulb only, no install). These are Philips bulb. You may message me if you need the contact.

HID bulb do burn out as the 'salt' in the bulb vanish. typically a HID bulb will last 5-7 years dependent on light usage.

Normally, HID bulb is changed in pair as
(a) the color temp is different . You will have one side whither than the other (older bulb will be whither).
(b) the other side is towards the end of its life also.

DIY to change the bulb?
If you are unsure about the bulb type, it is not recommended to change yourself. the bulb is fragile and costly.
Is it hard to change ?
The procedures not much different from changing halogen.If you never change a halogen bulb before, then don't bother doing it.
If you are then, need to know the proper steps to do it, unplug the connector by twisting anti-clockwise. Then turn anti clockwise to remove the base holder.The base will come out with the bulb. Then the tricky part is to figure out to remove the bulb from base holder. Some DIY in internet will show you this.

I have changed HID bulb after studying for from different sources in the internet. As the HID component is expensive,therefore extra careful need to be exercised.

lucerne

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

lucerne

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Is it better to turn off auto lighting to prolong the bulb shelf life ? I just changed the new H9 bulb for my 407.

vr2turbo

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Bulb lifespan is the time when in use, so the more it is used the shorter the lifespan. Even home lightning bulbs calculated in hours use....