Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Please Help Advise: 5008 Faulty Engine Repair Needed Error

• Please log in to reply

mykchin8

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

mykchin8

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
I am a 5008 owner, and last week I had the first "Faulty Engine: Repair Needed" message come up on my car after about 3.5 years and 80,000km.

The error first came up on Thursday morning, and I continued to drive it whilst closely monitoring the car, and it runs well, and smooth. After about 20 minutes, the light went off, and did not come up again on Friday. On Saturday morning, the light came up again, and I decided not to drive the car.

I searched the forums, and read about other people's experiences. My car's fan does not run at high speed after I turn off the engine, and I do not feel a loss in power or any juddering. I must say I do not drive my 5008 hard, so maybe it has lost power but I am not sure.

I brought it in to Geot Auto today, and the SA called saying that the issue could be a vacuum hose and electronic valve problem that is part of the turbo housing. SA advised to change the items, but informed that they are not sure if this will solve the problem. SA mentioned that if it does not solve the problem, then the whole turbo has to be changed, and the cost is much higher.

I am unsure about what to do next, and would appreciate if someone with experience on this issue could help provide your feedback for my understanding. Thanks in advance.

mykchin8

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

mykchin8

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
I collected my car yesterday, and based on the report from the ECU, the issue is estimated as a turbo regulation valve that was potentially jammed open, and that was a temporary fault, but the permanent fault was low pressure from the turbo. Geot Auto has recommended that I change the vacuum hose, and electronic valve that is in the turbo. I have since ordered the parts, and waiting for the parts to arrive.

If anyone has any experience, or feedback, please help to share, thanks in advance.

zentra

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

zentra

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
You may want to post on the FB groups e.g. 308, 3008, etc. You'll get a quicker response.

mykchin8

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

mykchin8

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the advice, I will go ahead and do that.

REDDEVIL77

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

REDDEVIL77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
I having the the same problem now. Just read through some forum and it says may due to carbon deposited in the engine.

http://forum.autowor...howtopic=102708

May try the method as recommended later.

ndlow

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:42 AM

ndlow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (mykchin8 @ Feb 17 2015, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I collected my car yesterday, and based on the report from the ECU, the issue is estimated as a turbo regulation valve that was potentially jammed open, and that was a temporary fault, but the permanent fault was low pressure from the turbo. Geot Auto has recommended that I change the vacuum hose, and electronic valve that is in the turbo. I have since ordered the parts, and waiting for the parts to arrive.

If anyone has any experience, or feedback, please help to share, thanks in advance.

mykchin8, would love to hear how your case turned out, if you could please share it with us.

I'm not claiming that this is identical to your problem, but I too had 'Faulty Engine Repair Needed' flashed at me by my 5008 about 3 months ago. As I've really had it with the repeated incompetent garbage served up at the authorized service center here in Penang, I consulted my 'other' Pug workshop. His handheld diagnostics unit showed 3 or 4 intermittent and permanent faults. Long story short, I changed my petrol high pressure pump and that solved the problem.

ndlow

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

ndlow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

mykchin8, would love to hear how your case turned out, if you could please share it with us.

I'm not claiming that this is identical to your problem, but I too had 'Faulty Engine Repair Needed' flashed at me by my 5008 about 3 months ago. As I've really had it with the repeated incompetent garbage served up at the authorized service center here in Penang, I consulted my 'other' Pug workshop. His handheld diagnostics unit showed 3 or 4 intermittent and permanent faults. Long story short, I changed my petrol high pressure pump and that solved the problem.

neokn

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:44 PM

neokn

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts

How much did you pay for the High Pressure Fuel pump?