Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Left Turn Signal Indicator Permanently Flashing

• Please log in to reply

annameg

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

annameg

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
I have just bought a Proton Persona and having test driven it and found it to work fine yesterday, the Left Turn Signal Indicator is Permanently Flashing today. When you move the indicator to all three positions, they left one stays flashing and the right one does not flash at all. But when I press the hazard lights both work as they are suppose to. The indicator does go off when the engine is off.

I am trying to location the indicator relay's to see if they might be the problem, does anybody know the exact place they are in the car?

Is there anything else worth trying?

Many thanks!

Gunnerzz

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (annameg @ Nov 13 2014, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just bought a Proton Persona and having test driven it and found it to work fine yesterday, the Left Turn Signal Indicator is Permanently Flashing today. When you move the indicator to all three positions, they left one stays flashing and the right one does not flash at all. But when I press the hazard lights both work as they are suppose to. The indicator does go off when the engine is off.

I am trying to location the indicator relay's to see if they might be the problem, does anybody know the exact place they are in the car?

Is there anything else worth trying?

Many thanks!

I dont really understand what u mean by 3 position and the left kept blinking and right does not blink.

from what i gather u said when the stalk is switch to signal left the left one blink but when u signal right the right one does not blink but the left remain blinking.

I am guessing its either the indicator stalk needs replacing or someone remove the steering wheel previously and mess with the center of the steering wheel.
or,some lousy mech replace the steering rack and remove the steering wheel to make it center again while not paying attention to the indicator mechanism.

more incline to the indicator stalk.