Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyo Nanoenergy 3

• Please log in to reply

flee

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,017 posts
Supposed to be optimized for long life (like XM2), wet grip and wet braking, and it's a fuel saver like XM2.
Regards,
Flee

vr2turbo

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,302 posts

Benchmark is XM2. but lately many complaint from XM2 also. Chipping and noisy....

flee

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,017 posts

I checked the price of XM2 and it was quoted to me at RM 210 (for 185/65 R14). NE3 was RM 180. That was why I was looking at alternatives to XM2. The Hankook Kinergy Eco (K425) also looks interesting - is it available here for 14" sizes?

Regards,
Flee

2420l

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

2420l

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts

Has anyone else tried this Made in Malaysia tyre? Thinking of getting this to replace my XM2's which have done almost 50K kms....

I can say worth buying...comfort & quiet (almost same as XM2....**before this I'm using XM2**)

never really tested on wet condition as my car seldom drive when raining

FYI my size 205/65/15

vr2turbo

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 70,302 posts

I checked the price of XM2 and it was quoted to me at RM 210 (for 185/65 R14). NE3 was RM 180. That was why I was looking at alternatives to XM2. The Hankook Kinergy Eco (K425) also looks interesting - is it available here for 14" sizes?

I think the hankook kinergy are available here. Michelin prices just too high, and for some of my friends too, many are switching. Even for PS3 users, but PS3 for some sizes they did drop prices

flee

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,017 posts

I can say worth buying...comfort & quiet (almost same as XM2....**before this I'm using XM2**)

never really tested on wet condition as my car seldom drive when raining

FYI my size 205/65/15

Thanks for your feedback.

I think I will replace my old XM2s with new NE3s. 

Regards,
Flee

vr2turbo

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 70,302 posts

Thanks for your feedback.

I think I will replace my old XM2s with new NE3s. 

Got a few friends on XM2 also switching to other brands.....

Cavino

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

Cavino

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Been awhile since I login here. Although its almost 2 months since last info request....well better late than never.

Been using it for at over 30k mileage. Travel from KL to Klang via Kesas and Federal Highway. Highspeed run and slow moving but zig zag run in city and highway.

Using for 195/60/R15 size. Quite durable, at the mileage above, the thread still seems to be above 60% or 70%. Don't feel any difference in reduction of grips, feels almost like new. The deep cut of each thread right to the base are unlike most tyres thread cut that goes halfway to base. I believe that eliminate/reduce the performance degradation that normally affect other tyres wearing out the tyres.

The wet grips are pretty good for eco tyres. No issues with running high speed in rain or thru puddle of waters (can't match PS3 or Hankook evo). For dry, I got no complains except when spinning of tyres (accelerating fast from toll booth or basement parking) in cement surface, it screeches sometimes, so grips not as great but on road, seems to be ok....got no problem with it so far for daily driving.

I quite like these tyres for combination of durability (in my case), slow wearing, no reduction of performance after wear and its cheaper price vs other tyres on the same range, good wet grips (for eco) and average dry grips. Some other might have other complains but this is my experience with it.

vr2turbo

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 70,302 posts

Cannot compare Eco to UHP tyres in terms of handling and traction, but they serve their purpose according to their priorities and category..... :P

Cavino

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:57 AM

Cavino

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Actually in my mind, I'm comparing it mostly with NCT5 and XM2.

For hydroplaning minimization feature, as written in my post, I've automatically compare with Evo and PS3 coz these 2 tyres seems to excel in this feature. I believe the Toyo larger drain thread place hydroplaning minimization capability is a step above XM2 and many step above NCT5.