Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Noise @ Sonata 2.0 After 3 Years

• Please log in to reply

sonatai45

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

sonatai45

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Dear members,

I have a Sonata 2.0 (2010) I hope someone could help me identify a solution to the problem I am facing now. There is a strange noise (I have recorded and uploaded @ youtube: http://www.youtube.c...ature=youtu.be) coming out of my car. It is usually in the morning and will disappear after a 10 to 15 minutes drive. Most apparent when I turn to the left. The rest of the day, the car acted normal. This routine noise will always happen in the morning or when I start driving for the day.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alain

raymondcn

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

raymondcn

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
QUOTE (sonatai45 @ Sep 24 2014, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear members,

I have a Sonata 2.0 (2010) I hope someone could help me identify a solution to the problem I am facing now. There is a strange noise (I have recorded and uploaded @ youtube: http://www.youtube.c...ature=youtu.be) coming out of my car. It is usually in the morning and will disappear after a 10 to 15 minutes drive. Most apparent when I turn to the left. The rest of the day, the car acted normal. This routine noise will always happen in the morning or when I start driving for the day.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alain

When the noise only appear only when you turn then most probably related to suspension. Jack the front and spin both the wheels. This is to verify whether the wheel bearing is OK or brake rotor is scrubbing.
While wheels spinning, check & see whether the tyres are OK.
Noise only appear when you turn left which suggest further problems comes from suspension.
If it is engine or gearbox problems, then the noise will be heard even without turning the wheels.

sonatai45

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

sonatai45

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (raymondcn @ Sep 24 2014, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the noise only appear only when you turn then most probably related to suspension. Jack the front and spin both the wheels. This is to verify whether the wheel bearing is OK or brake rotor is scrubbing.
While wheels spinning, check & see whether the tyres are OK.
Noise only appear when you turn left which suggest further problems comes from suspension.
If it is engine or gearbox problems, then the noise will be heard even without turning the wheels.

Thank you for the information.