Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Pekan Rawang Famous Tyre & Sport Rim Shop

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jeschong @ Aug 21 2014, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nolah bro
i curious mah

I also curious when you say high speed alignment because high speed balancing have, but never heard of high speed alignment.....hahhahhaa smile_big.gif

jeschong

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

jeschong

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 21 2014, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also curious when you say high speed alignment because high speed balancing have, but never heard of high speed alignment.....hahhahhaa smile_big.gif

haha bro i saw high speed balancing before
so i tot there is some 'special alignment' also mah smile_tongue.gif
paiseh paiseh

vr2turbo

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jeschong @ Aug 21 2014, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha bro i saw high speed balancing before
so i tot there is some 'special alignment' also mah smile_tongue.gif
paiseh paiseh

I would not say high speed but can set according to driver/owner driving style. Most will just set according to car specs. I have a quite a few members who driver pretty aggressively, so their setting, especially their cambers, are set quite negative evenly though for daily drives. So once camber is negative they have to slightly counter it with the alignment.

evergreen

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

evergreen

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 21 2014, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I normally do not venture too far off, as many shops in Sunway area already have plenty of rims.
Hup Shun, Tek Ming, then in USJ have Quicksave. Prices see loh! your negotiation whether comes with extras or not and so on...

Thank you Sir, for the precious sharing....... but so sorry that I live in Kepong......any guru got good recommendation in Kepong or Batu Caves or Selayang or Setapak also can ? smile_question.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (evergreen @ Aug 22 2014, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Sir, for the precious sharing....... but so sorry that I live in Kepong......any guru got good recommendation in Kepong or Batu Caves or Selayang or Setapak also can ? smile_question.gif

Kepong can go Rawang mah! not that far, but from PJ to Rawang then is far......hahhahaha smile_tongue.gif

Okay, I have heard of these two that are near you.

Kean Lee Hin in Jalan Ipoh and Aso Tyres in Jalan Gombak

evergreen

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

evergreen

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 23 2014, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kepong can go Rawang mah! not that far, but from PJ to Rawang then is far......hahhahaha smile_tongue.gif

Okay, I have heard of these two that are near you.

Kean Lee Hin in Jalan Ipoh and Aso Tyres in Jalan Gombak

Appreciate your reply, I will try the above shops for my next tyres change and alignment service. rolleyes.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (evergreen @ Aug 23 2014, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Appreciate your reply, I will try the above shops for my next tyres change and alignment service. rolleyes.gif

Yah! always check around first for the prices and also whether is all in, like balancing, valves, alignment etc...
Tyre shops normally sell most brands of tyres, but they usually have a special brand that have better price, probably due to bulk purchases, therefore prices can differ from shop to shop and brand to brand... smile_tongue.gif

rallychamp

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (evergreen @ Aug 19 2014, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen and ladies, the purpose I wrote this article is to share my experience buying sport rim in pekan Rawang.
I knew this place in internet few day ago and decided to make a visit there to shop for sport rim for my car. Yes, in
a popular tyre shop recommended in internet, I did find my dream sport rim at a reasonable price, balancing work
for 4 pcs wheel of course is free of charge, however not for wheel alignment job. They charge me RM100 for that,
but after bargain, down to RM80. After alignment job done, the mech test drive my car and did some adjustment
again, seem to make sure the job is up to customer satisfaction. I got no idea if the mech there were well trained as
every one look young. Well, after everything was done and on the way back to KL, I felt my car steering was shaking
whenever ran abt 90km/h! While I was thinking if I should turn back to the shop, I saw opposite road was jam due
to police road block, feeling lazy, I gave up turning back. The next day, I sent my car to a tyre shop beside my office.
The mech managed to solved the problem after worked out balancing and alignment again, and I got to pay another
time for the service, my god.
So my word to those who are going to shop for sport rim in " pekan ", you can go ahead to do so but for alignment
service, it advisable to do it at your familiar and trusted tyre shop. Workmanship and pricing for alignment service in
such places are questionable. lastly, I also got some tips for buying sport rim. first, ask the salesman the price of sport
rim that you want ( don't let them know you like the sport rim very much, cool down yourself please ), then only ask for
trade-in price ( trade in your old rim ). After the salesman offer you their " last price", tell them you want to go to see
other choice in next door, then they may give you another " last price ". This is the advantage shopping for sport rim in
Rawang as many tyre shops are located just around one street (near the roundabout ). After sport rim price is settled,
then come to the price for nuts and srews..... I guess the meat from this small items are thicker than those sport rims,
since prices of sport rims alway on war, and buyers tend to pay less attention to that small stuff too. So don't forget to
bargain on this things also. ph34r.gif

Jadilah pengguna yang bijak, pesanan dari Kementerian........................

thats why when i buy my tyres at too-cheap place i wouldnt let them do my alignment....enough with installation and balancing only.....

then i will heads to my favourite alignment shop for peace of mind

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Aug 25 2014, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats why when i buy my tyres at too-cheap place i wouldnt let them do my alignment....enough with installation and balancing only.....

then i will heads to my favourite alignment shop for peace of mind

Got another member, kena worse. After alignment, kena add camber nut, etc. etc...then tyre price which was cheap become more expensive... smile_shock.gif

irony

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
Nowadays really difficult to find good & honest tireshop.. got cheap price but lousy service.. cheap price but got charge service tax.. cheap price but old stock tires.. moderate price, good service but need to pay for new valves (without asking customer).. cheap price, good service but low trade in value.. how to select? smile_tongue.gif
now my fav alignment sifu also becomes a bit lazy smile_clown.gif