Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Pekan Rawang Famous Tyre & Sport Rim Shop

• Please log in to reply

evergreen

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

evergreen

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Gentlemen and ladies, the purpose I wrote this article is to share my experience buying sport rim in pekan Rawang.
I knew this place in internet few day ago and decided to make a visit there to shop for sport rim for my car. Yes, in
a popular tyre shop recommended in internet, I did find my dream sport rim at a reasonable price, balancing work
for 4 pcs wheel of course is free of charge, however not for wheel alignment job. They charge me RM100 for that,
but after bargain, down to RM80. After alignment job done, the mech test drive my car and did some adjustment
again, seem to make sure the job is up to customer satisfaction. I got no idea if the mech there were well trained as
every one look young. Well, after everything was done and on the way back to KL, I felt my car steering was shaking
whenever ran abt 90km/h! While I was thinking if I should turn back to the shop, I saw opposite road was jam due
to police road block, feeling lazy, I gave up turning back. The next day, I sent my car to a tyre shop beside my office.
The mech managed to solved the problem after worked out balancing and alignment again, and I got to pay another
time for the service, my god.
So my word to those who are going to shop for sport rim in " pekan ", you can go ahead to do so but for alignment
service, it advisable to do it at your familiar and trusted tyre shop. Workmanship and pricing for alignment service in
such places are questionable. lastly, I also got some tips for buying sport rim. first, ask the salesman the price of sport
rim that you want ( don't let them know you like the sport rim very much, cool down yourself please ), then only ask for
trade-in price ( trade in your old rim ). After the salesman offer you their " last price", tell them you want to go to see
other choice in next door, then they may give you another " last price ". This is the advantage shopping for sport rim in
Rawang as many tyre shops are located just around one street (near the roundabout ). After sport rim price is settled,
then come to the price for nuts and srews..... I guess the meat from this small items are thicker than those sport rims,
since prices of sport rims alway on war, and buyers tend to pay less attention to that small stuff too. So don't forget to
bargain on this things also. ph34r.gif

Jadilah pengguna yang bijak, pesanan dari Kementerian........................

irony

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
Actually not many have the skills to make perfect wheel alignment.. even most shops in famous klang area.

Normally I stick to my fav workshop but there are times I feel lazy and end up doing alignment at the same shop where I changed my tires.. end up not satisfied smile_clown.gif

A good alignment will keep the car straight as possible, even the road is slanting/cambered a bit. normally less skilled alignment mechanic will blame the road and the power steering problem, not the alignment job itself. smile_blackeye.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
That is what I have been telling many members. Unless the tyres and rims are very very cheap then only worth going the distance. However please cost in your time, toll and petrol. Then there is the balancing and alignment problem, means if you have problem, so whether to go back for free touch up, or pay again at a nearer place. In the end may not be that cheap overall.

Having said that, alignment at RM80 is the most expensive I have even heard off. Usually 4 wheel alignment is RM30 to 40 only.
Coming to the rims, you mentioned lug nuts and so on. Well, paying more for the rims in PJ, lug nuts are free with the rims, including a set of center cones. Buying 4 new tyres the balancing and alignment again is free. If factor in the cost I don't think the price is that far off. Remember to add petrol, toll and time again.... smile_wink.gif

evergreen

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

evergreen

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 20 2014, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having said that, alignment at RM80 is the most expensive I have even heard off. Usually 4 wheel alignment is RM30 to 40 only.
Coming to the rims, you mentioned lug nuts and so on. Well, paying more for the rims in PJ, lug nuts are free with the rims, including a set of center cones. Buying 4 new tyres the balancing and alignment again is free. If factor in the cost I don't think the price is that far off. Remember to add petrol, toll and time again.... smile_wink.gif

Good advice and comments from guru... smile_thumbup.gif ...............the mech in Rawang did not even asked me to put on the center cones,
it was the mech next to my office who suggested me to install it, end up I paid RM80 for 4 pcs center cones. A lesson indeed !

jeschong

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

jeschong

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (evergreen @ Aug 19 2014, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen and ladies, the purpose I wrote this article is to share my experience buying sport rim in pekan Rawang.
I knew this place in internet few day ago and decided to make a visit there to shop for sport rim for my car. Yes, in
a popular tyre shop recommended in internet, I did find my dream sport rim at a reasonable price, balancing work
for 4 pcs wheel of course is free of charge, however not for wheel alignment job. They charge me RM100 for that,
but after bargain, down to RM80. After alignment job done, the mech test drive my car and did some adjustment
again, seem to make sure the job is up to customer satisfaction. I got no idea if the mech there were well trained as
every one look young. Well, after everything was done and on the way back to KL, I felt my car steering was shaking
whenever ran abt 90km/h! While I was thinking if I should turn back to the shop, I saw opposite road was jam due
to police road block, feeling lazy, I gave up turning back. The next day, I sent my car to a tyre shop beside my office.
The mech managed to solved the problem after worked out balancing and alignment again, and I got to pay another
time for the service, my god.
So my word to those who are going to shop for sport rim in " pekan ", you can go ahead to do so but for alignment
service, it advisable to do it at your familiar and trusted tyre shop. Workmanship and pricing for alignment service in
such places are questionable. lastly, I also got some tips for buying sport rim. first, ask the salesman the price of sport
rim that you want ( don't let them know you like the sport rim very much, cool down yourself please ), then only ask for
trade-in price ( trade in your old rim ). After the salesman offer you their " last price", tell them you want to go to see
other choice in next door, then they may give you another " last price ". This is the advantage shopping for sport rim in
Rawang as many tyre shops are located just around one street (near the roundabout ). After sport rim price is settled,
then come to the price for nuts and srews..... I guess the meat from this small items are thicker than those sport rims,
since prices of sport rims alway on war, and buyers tend to pay less attention to that small stuff too. So don't forget to
bargain on this things also. ph34r.gif

Jadilah pengguna yang bijak, pesanan dari Kementerian........................

RM80 for high speed alignment?

vr2turbo

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jeschong @ Aug 20 2014, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RM80 for high speed alignment?

You rubbing it in yah! smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (evergreen @ Aug 20 2014, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good advice and comments from guru... smile_thumbup.gif ...............the mech in Rawang did not even asked me to put on the center cones,
it was the mech next to my office who suggested me to install it, end up I paid RM80 for 4 pcs center cones. A lesson indeed !

One of my friend already asked around for 17" light weight rims and more or less set a price for the rims he wants. Then I took him to one shop and they can match the price. After choosing the tyres and agreeing on the rim and tyre package, that is what he paid for. Balancing, alignment, lug nuts, center cones all in already. My friend did not come back or hear him complain, so that means balancing and alignment should be okay.... smile_tongue.gif

evergreen

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

evergreen

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 21 2014, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of my friend already asked around for 17" light weight rims and more or less set a price for the rims he wants. Then I took him to one shop and they can match the price. After choosing the tyres and agreeing on the rim and tyre package, that is what he paid for. Balancing, alignment, lug nuts, center cones all in already. My friend did not come back or hear him complain, so that means balancing and alignment should be okay.... smile_tongue.gif

Wow, your friend so lucky, got sifu accompanying him buying the stuffs, certainly best deal was that, no mistake, no regret, just sweet memory. Well, for the benefit of this forum community, hope guru-guru here kind enough to recommend some good sport rim shops ( with many choices of sport rims, esp in klang Valley ) , otherwise I believe many of us will still ahead for those fishy shop and eventually.... be fishes again! 689.gif

jeschong

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

jeschong

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 21 2014, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You rubbing it in yah! smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

nolah bro
i curious mah

vr2turbo

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (evergreen @ Aug 21 2014, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, your friend so lucky, got sifu accompanying him buying the stuffs, certainly best deal was that, no mistake, no regret, just sweet memory. Well, for the benefit of this forum community, hope guru-guru here kind enough to recommend some good sport rim shops ( with many choices of sport rims, esp in klang Valley ) , otherwise I believe many of us will still ahead for those fishy shop and eventually.... be fishes again! 689.gif

I normally do not venture too far off, as many shops in Sunway area already have plenty of rims.
Hup Shun, Tek Ming, then in USJ have Quicksave. Prices see loh! your negotiation whether comes with extras or not and so on...