Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Want To Know Any Feedback On Persona

• Please log in to reply

muse1086

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

muse1086

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone.

I wanna buy a car & after considering my budget i've choose persona for long term use. But i've been getting a lot of condeming feedback when i asked opinion from peoples. Can anyone please share with me any feedback regarding persona performence, reliability & fuel consumption?

Need help with any kind of feedback & review. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

comanche91

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

comanche91

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Proton Persona is a reliable car. It has a good engine & one of the best gearbox in the world. Smooth & comfortable driving. Fuel consumption is low. The "kickdown" feature in its gearbox is excellent in overtaking. The engine is responsive. I say it is a good car for you to consider.
If you make a habit of buying things you do not need, you will soon be selling things you do - Filipino Proverb

alexngalex

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

alexngalex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (comanche91 @ Aug 18 2014, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Proton Persona is a reliable car. It has a good engine & one of the best gearbox in the world. Smooth & comfortable driving. Fuel consumption is low. The "kickdown" feature in its gearbox is excellent in overtaking. The engine is responsive. I say it is a good car for you to consider.

Persona fans or car salesman, aren't you? I would rate for this car 2/10. Wish you good luck muse1086

comanche91

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

comanche91

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (alexngalex @ Oct 2 2014, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Persona fans or car salesman, aren't you? I would rate for this car 2/10. Wish you good luck muse1086

You are good in making wild assumptions but unfortunately you are wrong about me and it also shows you are a negative person with lack of knowledge

If you make a habit of buying things you do not need, you will soon be selling things you do - Filipino Proverb

slushmatic

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (muse1086 @ Aug 16 2014, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone.

I wanna buy a car & after considering my budget i've choose persona for long term use. But i've been getting a lot of condeming feedback when i asked opinion from peoples. Can anyone please share with me any feedback regarding persona performence, reliability & fuel consumption?

Need help with any kind of feedback & review. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I note from reading forums based in Malaysia that there seem to be a few too many P1 haters to be true - much like 'Leyland-bashers' here in the UK back in the Seventies. Of course many would have had a bad experience in the past, but it's true enough that Proton have upped their game in recent years - the big improvements from early GEN-2's to Persona and Savvy to Saga BLM demonstrate this.

Point is it's more useful to regard only opinions from actual owners of Personas - and not those of non-Proton or older Proton owning people. Persona owners are the people who really know the good and not-so-good about it.

From my view, I've owned my 2009 IAFM-type car, (HL automatic) from new, it's stood-up well to over 70,000 Km of mostly hard use with only 2 minor issues of central locking playing-up, (one rear door, one time the boot) and a failed rear damper, all sorted under warranty. The car has never failed to start/operate and dos'nt give cause for doubt.

Aside from reliability, I find it to be a generally good, enjoyable family-sized car and it will be a struggle to find anything with the same strengths of space, well-honed handling/ride balance, low running costs and attractive styling unless I spend rather more next time. For these reasons I think the Persona offers very good value for money - you could easily pay alot more for a car that is little or no better overall.

As to buying advice, generaly the later the model the better, assuming it's been well cared for. IAFM versions offer more overall performance, a slight improvement in economy and a few other improvements/refinements over the earlier cars.

Hope this helps.
'Do average things - get average results'

comanche91

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

comanche91

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (slushmatic @ Oct 9 2014, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I note from reading forums based in Malaysia that there seem to be a few too many P1 haters to be true - much like 'Leyland-bashers' here in the UK back in the Seventies. Of course many would have had a bad experience in the past, but it's true enough that Proton have upped their game in recent years - the big improvements from early GEN-2's to Persona and Savvy to Saga BLM demonstrate this.

Point is it's more useful to regard only opinions from actual owners of Personas - and not those of non-Proton or older Proton owning people. Persona owners are the people who really know the good and not-so-good about it.

From my view, I've owned my 2009 IAFM-type car, (HL automatic) from new, it's stood-up well to over 70,000 Km of mostly hard use with only 2 minor issues of central locking playing-up, (one rear door, one time the boot) and a failed rear damper, all sorted under warranty. The car has never failed to start/operate and dos'nt give cause for doubt.

Aside from reliability, I find it to be a generally good, enjoyable family-sized car and it will be a struggle to find anything with the same strengths of space, well-honed handling/ride balance, low running costs and attractive styling unless I spend rather more next time. For these reasons I think the Persona offers very good value for money - you could easily pay alot more for a car that is little or no better overall.

As to buying advice, generaly the later the model the better, assuming it's been well cared for. IAFM versions offer more overall performance, a slight improvement in economy and a few other improvements/refinements over the earlier cars.

Hope this helps.

ben500

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

ben500

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (slushmatic @ Oct 9 2014, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the short but concise review. I am kind of interested in buying a used Persona, preferably less than 3 years old, and preferably manual. One question though: fuel economy. How does this car fare in terms of fuel economy when compared to similar segment cars like Vios and City?

Gunnerzz

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ben500 @ Feb 1 2015, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the short but concise review. I am kind of interested in buying a used Persona, preferably less than 3 years old, and preferably manual. One question though: fuel economy. How does this car fare in terms of fuel economy when compared to similar segment cars like Vios and City?

Fc is a bit higher compared with vios and city due to lack of vvt on the engine.
Dont worry,when i say higher its not like double.its just marginal.
the iafm improved the low end power delivery and contribite to better fc.

Before u straightaway believe that vios/city fc is superb,ask the person whom claim that his km/l figure and not distance travelled per tank.this is the most accurate calculation one can make.for example vios fc is the same with real world figure of the saga flx cvt and my old 1.8 waja.

i cant confirm for city.
Btw,i cant compare fc from 2 different driver with totally defferent style.

if u want to get the used unit,try and find the elegance version with the bodykit and leather seat.not sure if this model comes with manual gb as all i see are auto.The leather material is lightyears better than the material Proton used on newer vehicle such as exora and suprima.

one plus point i can confirm the persona have against the city and vios is the handling and road holding.