Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Tyres For My Chery Tiggo Suv

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
2 months back started searching for tyres to replace the aging ones on my 4 years plus Chery SUV. Even though still have about some 40% thread pattern balance, however the sidewall near the shoulder pattern have started to have fine crack lines and the thread pattern rubber have harden.
My tyre size of 235/60R16 got a few to choose from. Passenger car Conti CC5, BS new GR-100, GY Efficient Grip SUV or Yokohama Geolandar H/T or their New Geolandar SUV to name a few.
Previous tyres were Conti CC1 that came with the car, so did not want the CC5. No H/T tyres because it will be noisy, so finally decided to try the New Yokohama Geolandar SUV said to be quiet, Comfy and have good rolling resistance.

Fitted them at Quicksave, USJ.

235/60R16 size Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres

Close up of thread pattern

Mounted on the SUV rims

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

Finish mounting all 4 tyres.... smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

Going for alignment

Alignment being done

Completed..... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Initial drive out from Quicksave, can feel that they are more quiet, anyway new tyres should be, but feel that they were slightly more comfortable only. So when reached home, took out my air pressure gauge to check the air pressure.
All four tyres with 35psi smile_shock.gif , the tyre shop personnel was not wrong because that is the recommended air pressure for a loaded SUV, but in town I use the lowest recommended and that is 30psi. After reducing all to 30psi can feel the SUV was much more comfortable... smile_tongue.gif
Running over the yellow lines, previously a lot of thump thump thump, now a more quiet tub, tub, tub.... smile_thumbup.gif

Now, after about 3 weeks plus of use, the tyres seems to have run in further. It felt even more quiet and comfortable. As this is a family SUV, I drive my VR slightly more then this SUV, my wife drives it too so what is better to ask her for her opinion too.
She only knows that the tyres have been changed, but she do not know much about tyres. So when I ask her how she felt about the tyres, she said more quiet and much more comfortable. This is in comparison to the previous set of passenger car tyre the Conti CC1. What shock me more was she added, but I feel the SUV now does not slow down much when I decelerate. So I told her this tyre have low rolling resistance and this suppose to aid in better fuel economy. If this came from her without her knowing then the tyre really have good rolling resistance..... smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
However this tyre pattern seems to pick up small pebbles. Not a major issue as they do fall off too as the amount does not build up.... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Merdeka weekend went on outstation trip. Increase air pressure to 220kpa as I usually increase it for outstation trip because of slightly heavier load and higher speed. Was a bit surprised with the slight increase of air pressure the tyres were quite bumpy at higher speed (90 to 100kph) on uneven trunk road. On smooth road, however they were very stable and steering was pretty precise.
On the highway they were pretty good. Stable and planted. Went through a heavy shower along the way and with no aquaplaning issue.
On noise issue it depends a lot on the road. Even on tarred road, on some it was quiet and on some not so quiet. On concrete part of the highway as usual, different tyre noise with different pitch.
Overall, very happy with the tyres...... smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
After 4 months and more then 5k km on the Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres, they are still going strong. Hardly any wear even on the front 2 drive wheels. Rears like no wear at all....hahhahhahha

Front left tyre - slightly more wear on the left shoulder, probably due to many roundabout at my area

Front right tyre - only slight wear even after 5k km

vr2turbo

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Left rear tyre - like brand new still

Right rear tyres - also hardly any wear after 5k km. Maybe pick up more small pebbles....hahhahhaha

vr2turbo

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts

Front tyre

20150901_173450_zpsepgu5lzh.jpg

The tyres are hardly worn even though already done more than 10k km on them. As you can see only the outer shoulder got some wear

Rear Tyre

20150901_173431_zpspcrjyamh.jpg

The rear tyre shows even less wear, like still brand new. With 600 thread wear rating, this tyre will be very long wearing.....

rallychamp

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:40 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

wahhh like falken range wooo...hard compound... no wonder those in winter season country hate this tyre :P

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)