Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proride Absorber From Sapura

• Please log in to reply

fkm8198

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

fkm8198

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Roll call!

Who is using Proride Shock absorber?

yts8

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

yts8

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (fkm8198 @ Jul 24 2014, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roll call!

Who is using Proride Shock absorber?

AVOID!! this Proride, I'm using the heavyduty type, regretted frm the 1st day, it doesn't fit well have to redo and wasted rm100 addition for labour, mechanic said need to add rubber and after 2 months it soften, BAD choice for my saga flx 1.6SE

Gunnerzz

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (yts8 @ Oct 23 2014, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AVOID!! this Proride, I'm using the heavyduty type, regretted frm the 1st day, it doesn't fit well have to redo and wasted rm100 addition for labour, mechanic said need to add rubber and after 2 months it soften, BAD choice for my saga flx 1.6SE

i beg to differ bro.
i am on proride and it has served me very well indeed.
i am using the stock replacement for waja.

mind sharing what u mean by adding rubber?

vr2turbo

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Maybe bought wrong model? smile_question.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 28 2014, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe bought wrong model? smile_question.gif

Could be.
if not mistaken proride only make heavy duty absorber so i guess he is referring to it.
for spring,only normal spring or sport spring no heavy duty spring.

getting a firm ride using absorber alone is not right as the spring does not complement the absorber character.same goes when using sport spring on stock absorber.

if he is after load carrying stability then heavy duty spring is the way to go.

mosh

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
this is from my perspective and feedback from the workshop that i send to do my car

Proride is a good brand, cheap and good quality absorber. my satria neo once temporary fit in their yellow absorber & spring for 2 week ( + 1 track day ) due to my adjustable servicing. i cud say i am suprised with the ride feeling.

recently there is much bad feedback from mass production car owner such as Proton Persona, Saga BLM, Waja, Myvi due to bad quality and bad customer service for warranty claim. guess they compromise the quality during mass production of the latest batch. seems the old batch are better.

but for the lesser manufacturer absober such as for satria neo, old vios.. there is less complain.
hopefully they do something bout this issue. my favorite workshop now opted TRW rather than proride now.

oh ya.. their brake pad are shitty..

Gunnerzz

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Oct 28 2014, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is from my perspective and feedback from the workshop that i send to do my car

Proride is a good brand, cheap and good quality absorber. my satria neo once temporary fit in their yellow absorber & spring for 2 week ( + 1 track day ) due to my adjustable servicing. i cud say i am suprised with the ride feeling.

recently there is much bad feedback from mass production car owner such as Proton Persona, Saga BLM, Waja, Myvi due to bad quality and bad customer service for warranty claim. guess they compromise the quality during mass production of the latest batch. seems the old batch are better.

but for the lesser manufacturer absober such as for satria neo, old vios.. there is less complain.
hopefully they do something bout this issue. my favorite workshop now opted TRW rather than proride now.

oh ya.. their brake pad are shitty..

I see...
well guess i am lucky to get older batch.

TRW is a reputable and quality manufacturer as i exp with my lower arm.
did they have joint venture with lucas as if not mistaken i saw both their name on a brake servo before.

vr2turbo

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Oct 28 2014, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be.
if not mistaken proride only make heavy duty absorber so i guess he is referring to it.
for spring,only normal spring or sport spring no heavy duty spring.

getting a firm ride using absorber alone is not right as the spring does not complement the absorber character.same goes when using sport spring on stock absorber.

if he is after load carrying stability then heavy duty spring is the way to go.

But his complain is on the fitting, not the ride. Mentioned was mechanic add rubber to fit which gave way after 2 months. To me, if need to mod to fit means wrong model or bad manufacturing, right?

rallychamp

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 29 2014, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But his complain is on the fitting, not the ride. Mentioned was mechanic add rubber to fit which gave way after 2 months. To me, if need to mod to fit means wrong model or bad manufacturing, right?

maybe the spring was sport spring which is too low to the owner liking..hence need those spring buffer...but not working as the owner wanted??

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

hcgui

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

hcgui

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
my wild guess is that Proride only manufactures absorbers for Saga BLM, NOT FLX (as far as i know). FLX's front springs r shorter, and the spring seat is higher on the stock absorber compared to BLM's.

When FLX spring is paired with BLM's absorber, additional rubber is needed to compensate the lower spring seat on the BLM's absorber.

Hence i think it's the wrong application in the first place.

I'm using Proride Standard all round with stock springs for my BLM and so far i'm pretty satisfied. Great value for money, for me as least.