Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Time To Buy A New Set Of Tyre

• Please log in to reply

angya

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

angya

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
hi, the options of tyre you gave are pretty good! but i would suggest you to go for Michelin P3St cause im one of the users, i like it bcz the tread of the tyre is good, very stable and silence.. i feel comfortable when driving without any noise.. besides, it can last longer compared to other brand of tyre which i used before..
u can check here for more and accurate info!
http://www.michelin....imacy_3_ST.html

parakey

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

parakey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
QUOTE (munwai @ Jul 24 2014, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much were you quoted for the V2 Concept2 and S1 Noble2? which shop?

Got V2 for 260. Unsure if cheap but another shop did quote me 320 for the V2 and 330 for the S1. Bought from SYS Automobile at Keramat Permai.

majupo

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

majupo

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Better choos carefully, choose the right one so that the tyre can use ffor long time and also for safety purpose. Don’t need keep changing tyre, so troublesome.

vr2turbo

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (parakey @ Jul 24 2014, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubt if you can find V12 Evo 205-55-R16 as it has been discontinued. That was what I was trying to do the last few days. According to the tyre shop owner Evo2 isn't expected till Sept-Oct. Anyway, I finally settled on a lower model - Ventus V2 Concept2 (H457). After fitting, took it for a spin at Genting. Grip is good and tyres were quiet (bear in mind that I just came from camber damaged BAX2. So anything else will sound quiet).

If V2 isn't your cup of tea, you may want to look at

* S1 Noble (H452) 500-AA-A
* S1 Evo2 (K117) 420-A-A

Not to say discon, but I remember V12 Evo don't have this size. if not mistaken.... smile_tongue.gif

Vegatron

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Vegatron

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,891 posts
QUOTE (cupidlove @ Jul 24 2014, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
got this kind of synonymous? if really like that why they purposely produce silent tires... dry.gif

Lolz.. to get silent need soft compound = fast wear. to get durability need hard compound = noisy. Is there such thing as durable and yet long last thing? so far none.

QUOTE (angya @ Jul 24 2014, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, the options of tyre you gave are pretty good! but i would suggest you to go for Michelin P3St cause im one of the users, i like it bcz the tread of the tyre is good, very stable and silence.. i feel comfortable when driving without any noise.. besides, it can last longer compared to other brand of tyre which i used before..
u can check here for more and accurate info!
http://www.michelin....imacy_3_ST.html

Michelin of course will claim in lasts long. Would u trust Michelin or users feedback?

Every car manufacturer claims their car is best in class fuel consumption, but actual owners experience is always disappointing. you will never get the fc they stated on their spec sheet. right?

I'm da Sushi Monster
Feeda me sushi! >:)

myraahmaad

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

myraahmaad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (Vegatron @ Jul 25 2014, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lolz.. to get silent need soft compound = fast wear. to get durability need hard compound = noisy. Is there such thing as durable and yet long last thing? so far none.

Michelin of course will claim in lasts long. Would u trust Michelin or users feedback?

Every car manufacturer claims their car is best in class fuel consumption, but actual owners experience is always disappointing. you will never get the fc they stated on their spec sheet. right?

bro ur say is logic too..had u experienced with Mic? any say from u if yes

munwai

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

munwai

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
QUOTE (parakey @ Jul 24 2014, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got V2 for 260. Unsure if cheap but another shop did quote me 320 for the V2 and 330 for the S1. Bought from SYS Automobile at Keramat Permai.

Good price for 205/55 R16! Hope to hear more longterm feedback smile_thumbup.gif

Vegatron

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Vegatron

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,891 posts
QUOTE (myraahmaad @ Jul 25 2014, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro ur say is logic too..had u experienced with Mic? any say from u if yes

I had tried a few Michelin tyres in the past:

1. Michelin Certis (this was long long ago on my first car, I think this model is discontinued). It's horribly noisy, grip just ok.
2. Michelin XM2 (on my previous mpv). This was quiet and comfy for at least 50% of it's tread life. After that start to get noisy. Grip was decent for normal driving. I don't know about taking corners at 180km/h, my van is not capable of that.

That's all I've tried from Michelin. Now I'm on Conti MC5, just 10,000km in and it's starting to get noisy. Roaring noise. Grip is decent in wet and dry for normal mpv driving. I'll probably ditch them soon if it gets unbearably noisy.

I was seriously considering the 3ST for my next tyre change, so that's why I went and googled a lot about it and found that majority of the complaint is that it finishes too fast and it's expensive.

The other tyre that caught my interest is Bridgestone GR100. Quite high on my target list.
I'm da Sushi Monster
Feeda me sushi! >:)

parakey

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

parakey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 25 2014, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to say discon, but I remember V12 Evo don't have this size. if not mistaken.... smile_tongue.gif

They used to have this size - http://forum.autowor...=...t&p=1305098

parakey

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

parakey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
QUOTE (munwai @ Jul 25 2014, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope to hear more longterm feedback smile_thumbup.gif
That might have to wait awhile. Already have this car for 2 years but only done 21000 km. smile.gif