Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Which Tyre Is Good For Honda Civic 2.0?

• Please log in to reply

batkoo88

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

batkoo88

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
am driving Honda Civic 2.0 with tyre bridgestone 225/40R18 88Y.. recently, i found out it makes a lot of noises especially when i brake the car.. feel like changing the tyre but dunno which to go.. any suggestion?

jamespaul

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
QUOTE (batkoo88 @ Jun 9 2014, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
am driving Honda Civic 2.0 with tyre bridgestone 225/40R18 88Y.. recently, i found out it makes a lot of noises especially when i brake the car.. feel like changing the tyre but dunno which to go.. any suggestion?

for 18 incher, its difficult to get quiter tyres.

but what are your using now? You can try Conti Premium Contact 5. One of the winners of its class for grip and comfort.

thomasim87

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

thomasim87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
you actually can try brand like Yokohama or Michelin. Both very good brand

vr2turbo

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (batkoo88 @ Jun 9 2014, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Noise when brake? means screeching noise or tyre noise?

vr2turbo

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (jamespaul @ Jun 10 2014, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for 18 incher, its difficult to get quiter tyres.

but what are your using now? You can try Conti Premium Contact 5. One of the winners of its class for grip and comfort.

Yes, there is for 18", 225/40R18 size. Both Yokohama Advan V551 and Toyo C1-S have.

Conti Malaysia, if not mistaken have CSC5 and CCC5 only and CPC2. CPC5 I think in EU market.

bbphire

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

bbphire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
No doubt tyre very important but sometime i find Driver really need to pay attention on the road...this afternoon a car neary bang me because he is playing with phone...luckily I am fast enough to cut to another road.
Furthermore, Others part of car also equally important as well.

vr2turbo

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (bbphire @ Jun 11 2014, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No doubt tyre very important but sometime i find Driver really need to pay attention on the road...this afternoon a car neary bang me because he is playing with phone...luckily I am fast enough to cut to another road.
Furthermore, Others part of car also equally important as well.

Just don't understand them, why they are on the phone, either using, playing, texting..... smile_blackeye.gif

catwang

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

catwang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
one of my bestie is using P3ST and he said the gripping is really good now, not so scary when driving in the heavy rain anymore.. and also when driving in mountain road, lotsa cornering, it is like more stable.. he loves michelin, so do i.. a trusted brand for tyre la..
just came across their website, sharing is caring...
http://www.michelin....al-performance/

birthsunny

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

birthsunny

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Sometime tyre required to change from time to time for safety reason..and evryone must do the maintainence checking to ensure that your vehicle is safe to move.