Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

[wta] Apply Cleaner Wax In Monthly Basis

• Please log in to reply

gacktleong

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

gacktleong

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

I am new in car detailing, and I wish to seek some advises from sifus here.

I have a pearl white colored car, aged 1.5 years, and it is my daily car. My previous car polish was done 0.5 year ago (at Maximus Kota Damansara).

My questions are:

I wash my car using Meguiars NXT Car Wash once or twice in a week (depends on weather). I drive my car 80km a day, exposed to dust and rain, but mainly parks indoor when I am not using the car.

I wish to maintain the car in this manners :

A
Month 1 - Meguiars NXT Car Wash, PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 2 - x
Month 3 - Meguiars NXT Car Wash, PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 4 - x
Month 5 - Meguiars NXT Car Wash, PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 6 - x
Month 7 - Send to Pro to polish & wax

Or also, B
Month 1 - PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 2 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 3 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 4 - PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 5 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 6 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax

Please advise. Thank you.

jonlsl

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (gacktleong @ Jun 4 2014, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I am new in car detailing, and I wish to seek some advises from sifus here.

I have a pearl white colored car, aged 1.5 years, and it is my daily car. My previous car polish was done 0.5 year ago (at Maximus Kota Damansara).

My questions are:

I wash my car using Meguiars NXT Car Wash once or twice in a week (depends on weather). I drive my car 80km a day, exposed to dust and rain, but mainly parks indoor when I am not using the car.

I wish to maintain the car in this manners :

A
Month 1 - Meguiars NXT Car Wash, PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 2 - x
Month 3 - Meguiars NXT Car Wash, PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 4 - x
Month 5 - Meguiars NXT Car Wash, PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 6 - x

Or also, B
Month 1 - PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 2 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 3 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 4 - PG Clay, Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 5 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Month 6 - Meguiars Cleaner Wax

Please advise. Thank you.

You want to clean the paint or polish with Megs cleaner wax or with abrasive products as little as possible. If I'm not mistaken its got abrasives in there, minimal or fine abrasives or not, you are still abrading the clear coat. You can do either A or B but replace with a chemical based cleaner AIO (All In One) without abrasives like Duragloss 501 or Klasse AIO. Former you can get from duragloss malaysia, latter you need to order online. Only use abrasive products when the chemical bases one fails to clean or you need to do paint correction.

g88

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
welcome to autoworld smile.gif I guess your question already been answered in LYN smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jun 4 2014, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome to autoworld smile.gif I guess your question already been answered in LYN smile_tongue.gif

Fuh! Sifu g88 in LYN also.... smile_tongue.gif
But every answer can be different..... smile_wink.gif smile_big.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
To add, I suggest you do this...

Month 2 - Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 3 - AIO, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 4 - Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 5 - AIO, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 6 - Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 7 - Send to Pro to polish & wax, if you need to, but if you do the above I don't think you need to.... smile_tongue.gif

You don't need to clay too often, only when there is surface contaminants
After every wash, if you can use a topper like DG Aquawax

gacktleong

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

gacktleong

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Jun 4 2014, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You want to clean the paint or polish with Megs cleaner wax or with abrasive products as little as possible. If I'm not mistaken its got abrasives in there, minimal or fine abrasives or not, you are still abrading the clear coat. You can do either A or B but replace with a chemical based cleaner AIO (All In One) without abrasives like Duragloss 501 or Klasse AIO. Former you can get from duragloss malaysia, latter you need to order online. Only use abrasive products when the chemical bases one fails to clean or you need to do paint correction.

At 1st I too the Megs CW will remove a very very thin layer of clear coat, but after i researched thru the MOL, they said it is safe to be applied monthly? http://www.meguiarso...oat-every-month

hmmm. Heard alot of good comment on D501, but nvr tried it er
however saw this online, it said D501 is a abrasives and strong cleaner. i guess it not pressed too hard for correction purpose should be alright too?
http://www.autogeeko...loss-501-a.html

QUOTE (g88 @ Jun 4 2014, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeap, thanks alot biggrin.gif

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 5 2014, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuh! Sifu g88 in LYN also.... smile_tongue.gif
But every answer can be different..... smile_wink.gif smile_big.gif

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 5 2014, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To add, I suggest you do this...

Month 2 - Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 3 - AIO, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 4 - Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 5 - AIO, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 6 - Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Month 7 - Send to Pro to polish & wax, if you need to, but if you do the above I don't think you need to.... smile_tongue.gif

You don't need to clay too often, only when there is surface contaminants
After every wash, if you can use a topper like DG Aquawax

But i receive many tars :/, and dun feel like using any tars remover

jonlsl

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (gacktleong @ Jun 5 2014, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
however saw this online, it said D501 is a abrasives and strong cleaner. i guess it not pressed too hard for correction purpose should be alright too?

hmmm. Will have to ask DG and confirm about 501 having abrasives. If it does then Klasse is the only one left I know doesn't have unless they changed formulation.

gacktleong

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

gacktleong

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Jun 5 2014, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm. Will have to ask DG and confirm about 501 having abrasives. If it does then Klasse is the only one left I know doesn't have unless they changed formulation.

any lobang to get KAIO? biggrin.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (gacktleong @ Jun 5 2014, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But i receive many tars :/, and dun feel like using any tars remover

I am on DG501 too. Yes, is a very good cleaner as in the link you posted but I have tried removing swirls with it but it does not work and have t use something stronger. Maybe if it does have abrasive then must be very very mild...

Mean you clay the side, not whole car? But if tar is dried can remove. If not, it is difficult to remove.
If don't want to use tar remover , can use cleaner wax too.