Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Custom Playstation & Exbox In Car Brackets

• Please log in to reply

customcon

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

customcon

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hello Everyone.
I am very new to these forums so first of all let me introduce myself.
My Name is Christian, I’m 29 and I’m in located in the North Somerset area of the United Kingdom.
I am also a fellow gamer and I do like nicely modified cars. After being made redundant from my full time employment of 8 years I decided to take up taxi driving.
Being a taxi driver you often get a lot of time on your hand with nothing to do. So being a gamer I thought how could I play my PlayStation 4 in my car when I have some spare time but also make it so that I don’t need a separate console for when I am at home.
I could have simply just chuck the console in the boot lose and let it roll around and be destroyed while customer/partner chucks their belongings on top of it. However I wanted it out of sight, out of mind, safe and secure.
THIS IS WHERE MY IDEA CAME IN.
So to enable me to do this is did a bit of researching to see if there was such a bracket on the market to hold consoles in a car but was also enabling me to remove the console. I could not find anything.
So I decided to develop a custom PlayStation 4 bracket PAITENT PENDING. I have now begun to have these brackets manufactured for PlayStation 4, I currently have some in stock and I’m looking to distribute these in larger quantities. But before I invest a lot of time and money I wanted to hear some genuine honest answers from members of the public that are likely to use this bracket such as yourselves.
The bracket itself has removable arms so it can be mounted as follows:
Suspended (underneath) parcel shelf in boot
Vertical Installation (inside boot vertical wall)
Flat installation (underneath a seat or on the rear parcel shelf)
I will upload a few rendered images of the bracket so you can see it and ill upload some images of my own installation and a video (if possible.)
Depending on how this goes I may develop onto other platforms such as PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360
So I have a few Questions that I would be very grateful if you wouldn’t mind answering or just provide your general thoughts and feedback. Please remember I am here to try and get honest answers.
Q1: Would you buy one?
Q2: What proce would you pay?
Q3: Would you buy the bracket or a bracket & complete kit (leads, inverter, all you need to install your console?
Q4: How much would you pay for a kit?
Where would you install this bracket?
Q5: if you were to buy one, where would the first place you would look/shop to purchase one?
Q6: What console do you own?
Would you buy one if it was available for other consoles? (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox one)

Again I thank you all in advance for all your valuable input.

Attached Thumbnails

• PS4_001.Final_Color_Output.jpg
  • PS4_002.Final_Color_Output.jpg

josephchia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

josephchia

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
No Malaysian would ever think of this. Too risky. So you're asking the wrong market

realdude83

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

realdude83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Is this still a thing? I'd love to get a console in the backseat of my car or something. I love gaming and it would be a dream come true if I could play in the car, haha!