Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mazda Cx-5 Vibration Problem

• Please log in to reply

wliat

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

wliat

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hello all cx-5 owners,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Justin and i bought my wife a cx-5 Nov 2012. Mine is a cbu unit.

I did not want to post this on the cx-5 thread because it would eventually go missing with so many pages there. I want to apologize first.

When I first got the car I notice there was a slight vibration inside the cabin. But I did not do anything because my wife drives the car everyday and I soon forgot about the problem.

So 1 day around few weeks back I drove her car and I felt the vibration again and I thought to sent the car to Mazda for checking. I can feel the vibration when the car is in idle mode and in gear D. In gear N and P it is less obvious but still there. However this vibration is not really earth shattering type. It is only a tiny vibration which is annoying. I may be anal however I believe a brand new car should not have this problem.

My initial troubleshoot was that the engine mount could have been faulty which is causing the vibration. So as usual I made an appointment with Mazda federal highway and show them my problem. After checking for a couple of hours they told me they did not find anything wrong with the mounting. They also say the little vibration is normal for cx-5. I also notice the engine mounting has some oil stain on it which I dunno what causes it.

However not taking his answer lightly I told him to show me another cx-5 to compare the vibration. To my surprise the other cx-5 that I tried has the same vibration and engine mounting oil leak as well. So I had no more arguement so I took my car and left.

Does anyone of you have this vibration problem when in idle? The vibration tends to increase when u turn the steering wheel. And also do u have a leaky engine mount like mine?

If some of you are experiencing this then I would say that Mazda gave us faulty mounts or bad design mount.

Hope to here from u owners.