Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My Take On The New Altis 2.0v 2014

• Please log in to reply

amir

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
Was invited to test drive the new altis 2.0V at toyotsu s15 shah alam last weekend. My impression. Having driven the 9th gen
for the past 8 yrs, my heart felt like having a go at this new 11th gen. Previously I did not even look at the 10th gen because I
felt the improvements were not really substantial and also I prefer the look of the 9th gen instead of the 10th gen with its
protruding front and rear lights. No offence to current 10th gen owners.
I like the new altis outlook. Sharp and not too fancy. Think it will age well. The dashboard needs getting used to but I feel it makes
the front cockpit roomier. Overall the interior feels substantially bigger and the seats are more confortable. My eldest child is 10
yrs old and the youngest is 5 yrs old. In the next five yrs there will be three teenagers at the back seat so space is important to
me. The suspension felt firm, steering was still relatively light by my standards and body roll was not excessive as my old altis.
Overall, felt nice under normal driving. I was itching to whack corner kaw2 to really test the handling but since I was ferrying all
my family members, decided to drive like a Rolls Royce chaffeur driver. Everything looks good until the SA told me even the 2.0V
comes with two (2) NOT seven (7) airbags as earlier mentioned in the press. Check the official spec sheet, yep its two indeed.
But don't worry. Knowing UMW they will put more airbags once under pressure from competition. Not really in a rush to upgrade
but if a good value and proposition comes along why not.

RobertNg

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

RobertNg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
I bought the new Altis 1.8 in April. Have been very happy with it. Power, space, comfort all good. Went for lunch with a full load of 5 adults, 3 men at the back seat and no complaints from any of them. Air cond cools down pretty fast too.
Any one else have any experience to share regarding the fuel consumption? So far, I have been getting from 11.4km/l city driving to 13km/l mixed city/highway driving.

Car enthusiast

kennyng111

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

kennyng111

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
QUOTE (RobertNg @ Jun 2 2014, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought the new Altis 1.8 in April. Have been very happy with it. Power, space, comfort all good. Went for lunch with a full load of 5 adults, 3 men at the back seat and no complaints from any of them. Air cond cools down pretty fast too.
Any one else have any experience to share regarding the fuel consumption? So far, I have been getting from 11.4km/l city driving to 13km/l mixed city/highway driving.

how tall were the 3 adults ? what is their average weight ? what was the outside temperature when you went into the car ?
your mileage is good tho.

jamespaul

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
QUOTE (RobertNg @ Jun 2 2014, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the FC seems pretty bad. do you drive hard?

sacheah

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

sacheah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
Ya. Ur FC seems bad. My 2.5 teana has similar FC, on good days can even go below 11 in city drive.

sacheah

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

sacheah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
Ya. Ur FC seems bad. My 2.5 teana has similar FC, on good days can even go below 11 in city drive.

Joytoy

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (sacheah @ Jun 24 2014, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must have gotten your numbers wrong.
the higher the km/l the better & the lower the km/l the worse

Meaning he drive 11 km with 1 litre of fuel.
eg , if you get 8km litre, means you only drive 8km with1 litre of fuel.

I would like to have 100km/lt LOL >>>>>