Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Myvi Extreme - Offensive Projector Headlights

• Please log in to reply

ramdzans

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

ramdzans

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Hello all,
I rarely drive at night. If ever, usually its with my Exora. Recently I took a late night trip with my 'lagi best' full trim myvi. It was nearly the end of CNY holidays and the road was still busy - but flowing smooth instead of crawling.

However, I noticed many oncoming traffic tend to flash their hi-beams, fog light and spot-lights at certain gloomy stretches (I travelled Segamat-Gemas-Tampin-Seremban). At first my usual thoughts were 'got road-block' ahead...or 'accident nearby'...and such.

But it gets more frequent and at certain spots, even the car in-front of me just move aside, gave way, and throw an irritated+annoyed look as I passed them. BTW, i'm not a boy-race kinda person. Honest...

Apparently - I realized that my car's headlight might have just being too offensive. And I found it in an ironic but not unusual way - some other myvi and alza (full trim - i don't know what variant is it called...) which approached from the rear looks really like constantly "hi-beam"ing to me. I let them passed of course...then I knew something was just wrong with the Perodua's projector headlights.

Sad.

Some myvi-s (again, with the factory-fitted projectors), if fully loaded is even worse. The rear bottom-ed out making the normal beams already projecting to the sky! Really sad. And on a slightly bumpy roads, my car will look like playing flash-on-flash-off as if i'm looking for a road-rage to any cars upfront - oncoming or even those on the same direction...

*sigh*

Anyway, thanks for reading. And in case you came across with some flashy-flashy headlight myvi (or alza) at night...I'm sorry. That could be me...