Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Repair Workshop Repairs Accident Car For Free

• Please log in to reply

andlfloh

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

andlfloh

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Hi, recently my car suffered minor damage from being knocked from the back at a red light traffic stop. Repairs may cost about $800. The workshop told me it will do up my car free of charge; it will handle the insurance claim for me. I can collect the car once repaired.

I wonder how this workshop earns money from insurance claims since we do not have to pay for the repairs done.

Can anyone explain to me ? Thank you

vr2turbo

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,715 posts
QUOTE (andlfloh @ Feb 10 2014, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, recently my car suffered minor damage from being knocked from the back at a red light traffic stop. Repairs may cost about $800. The workshop told me it will do up my car free of charge; it will handle the insurance claim for me. I can collect the car once repaired.

I wonder how this workshop earns money from insurance claims since we do not have to pay for the repairs done.

Can anyone explain to me ? Thank you

Your insurance have excess clause? If yes, workshop just claim more to cover that amount. To what I know, they can put in more damaged parts to your car first for claim, then later put back your good parts.
Are you claiming your own insurance? How mush NCB are you at now? If at 55% not worth claiming only RM800 because after that you will have to pay full insurance.