Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Mazda 3 2014 Price And Specs

• Please log in to reply

Poll: 2014 Mazda 3 CBU local spec (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Worth buying the new 2014 Mazda 3?

1. Yes! (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. No! (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

3. Wait for better spec. (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

4. Buy other car. (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

adkiller

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

adkiller

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Received the following info from dealers:
Price: RM138,935.50
Specs:
  • 2.0 Skyactive Petrol
  • Fabric seats and on side panels
  • 18" Alloy Wheels
  • Electric Sunroof
  • Reverse Sensor
  • Radio, MP3, Bluetooth, Aux Port, USB Port, SD Card Slot
  • GPS Navigation with TFT Color Display
  • Multi Information Display (MID) With Commander Knob/Switches
  • Bi-Xenon Headlamp With Auto Levelling & Washer
  • Leather Wrap Telescopic Steering Wheel With Audio Switches
  • LED Daytime Running Light (DRL)
  • Front Fog Lamp
  • Auto Climate Control (Single zone only)
  • Power Fold Side Mirror With Indicator
  • 6 Airbags
  • Immobilizer & Alarm
  • ABS, EBD, BA
  • Smart Keyless Entry, Push Start System
  • i-Stop, i-Eloop

NOT available in this spec:
  • Engine bay noise insulation
  • Battery cover
  • BOSE speaker system
  • Auto head lights
  • Rain sensor
  • Auto dimming mirrors
  • Front parking sensors
  • Leather seats and leather side panels
  • Dual zone air-cond
  • i-Activesense
  • HUD (Heads Up Display)
  • Digital speedometer
  • Cruise control

Worth buying?
For almost the same price can get the upcoming Altis with 7-airbags and full safety spec.

jklow123

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (adkiller @ Jan 12 2014, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Received the following info from dealers:
Price: RM138,935.50
Specs:
To be posted soon.

NOT included:
BOSE speaker system
Auto head lights
Rain sensor
Auto dimming mirrors
Front parking sensors
Leather seats and side panels
Dual zone aircond
i-Activesense
HUD (Heads Up Display)
Digital speedometer
Cruise control

Worth buying?
For almost the same price can get the upcoming Altis with 7-airbags and full safety spec.

IMO...not worth buying. Be careful of the relatively high tyre/road noise. Even spending 2K will produce hardly-impressive improvement. No excitement in city driving due to poor low-end torque. Certainly not known as a comfortable car.

williaml

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
We are bring in Hi-Power version Mazda3 2.0L that equipped with i-Eloop and 18' rims, which is usually equipped as optional package for 2.5L in other markets.

Being a CBU Japan models, the equipment and features on this New Mazda3 is somehow much better than predecessor, of course some gadgets been taken out, but overall it outrun current Mazda6 2.0L

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

adkiller

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

adkiller

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jan 13 2014, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are bring in Hi-Power version Mazda3 2.0L that equipped with i-Eloop and 18' rims, which is usually equipped as optional package for 2.5L in other markets.

Being a CBU Japan models, the equipment and features on this New Mazda3 is somehow much better than predecessor, of course some gadgets been taken out, but overall it outrun current Mazda6 2.0L

ZOOM ZOOM...

Unfortunately the BOSE speaker systems can't be installed as an optional package. Most people grabbed the CBU CX-5 because of one of this very good feature and all other features that is removed in this Mazda3. For RM139K, how is this car going to compete with the Altis 2.0V that has additional specs, more airbags (with safety package) at the same price?

Also, once they CKD this Mazda 3, what is left to be taken out to make it cheaper? I am sure it is not only going to be the sunroof. Expect worse specs in the CKD when it is introduced. I think Bermaz is getting greedy after the success of the Mazda6 and CX5. The Mazda3 is the volume seller. Short changing customers when there are better competition is going fare badly for its value long term. I believe the CX5 and Mazda6 will have good long term value over this car unfortunately.

MASsenger

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jan 13 2014, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ZOOM ZOOM...

Why no hatcback for Malaysia?

The REALdeal

williaml

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Mazda3 never in position to compete with Corolla aka Altis, in Malaysia, people who purchase Altis would hardly put Mazda3 in shopping list too, because both car have its own customer group.

Since first gen Mazda3 released back in 2003, the BOSE system never comes as
standard HU, unless the MPS version. Don't know why many people asking for it.

Later stage when CKD begin, what I can say is, pricing certainly more attractive, similar to current Mazda3.

If we bring in Hatchback, price is unlikely to be lower than RM140k so it demand should be poor.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

adkiller

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

adkiller

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jan 13 2014, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mazda3 never in position to compete with Corolla aka Altis, in Malaysia, people who purchase Altis would hardly put Mazda3 in shopping list too, because both car have its own customer group.

Since first gen Mazda3 released back in 2003, the BOSE system never comes as
standard HU, unless the MPS version. Don't know why many people asking for it.

Later stage when CKD begin, what I can say is, pricing certainly more attractive, similar to current Mazda3.

If we bring in Hatchback, price is unlikely to be lower than RM140k so it demand should be poor.

ZOOM ZOOM...

All the cars you mentioned are in the same segment. People will be comparing pricing and value in this segment and this Mazda 3 spec is not going to be positive. There are already a lot of disappointed and frustrated customers at lowyat forum and paultan website proceeding to cancel their booking.

Regarding the BOSE speakers, the same can be said of the CX5, it is a c-segment SUV, but it came with it. So why not on an overpriced c-segment sedan? I checked with previous gen MPS owners and they confirmed that the BOSE speakers were never included in any previous gen. So your comment about BOSE only available in MPS is false at best if not misleading.

williaml

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Yes, of course, we need to compare car within the segment, there is no car in our market that able to suit every different taste,
just find a car that fulfill what you demanded.

BOSE system, in fact, it was available since first generation as optional item / maker option, in certain markets, Mazda3 MPS comes standard with BOSE, and Mazda3 2.3L as well.

For CBU CX-5 2.0L, yes, it has BOSE, but again it is not equipped with i-Stop and i-Eloop plus multimedia commander, what I trying to say is, we are not able to have full list of desired features and equipment in New Mazda3 if we want to sell below RM140k, which is few thousand higher than previous generation CBU Mazda3 2.0L. There is no import duty for CBU Mazda3 but the excise duty is the main culprit.

ZOOM ZOOM...

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

adkiller

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

adkiller

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jan 18 2014, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, of course, we need to compare car within the segment, there is no car in our market that able to suit every different taste,
just find a car that fulfill what you demanded.

BOSE system, in fact, it was available since first generation as optional item / maker option, in certain markets, Mazda3 MPS comes standard with BOSE, and Mazda3 2.3L as well.

For CBU CX-5 2.0L, yes, it has BOSE, but again it is not equipped with i-Stop and i-Eloop plus multimedia commander, what I trying to say is, we are not able to have full list of desired features and equipment in New Mazda3 if we want to sell below RM140k, which is few thousand higher than previous generation CBU Mazda3 2.0L. There is no import duty for CBU Mazda3 but the excise duty is the main culprit.

ZOOM ZOOM...

The issue is with Bermaz killing the brand with unscrupulous pricing/practices when people are beginning to warm up to it. Bermaz is no where near the dealer and service network like Toyota/Honda. To overprice the Mazda 3 at this opportune time will just turn most people away from it. People are constantly comparing and deciding on what is the value they get with their hard earned money, it is not just a matter taste. If taste is the only issue and not value, then I am sure you would agree with me that Mazda will not be on their list, a Lexus would be more appropriate.

I understand what you mean with BOSE on MPS elsewhere. However, I was referring to local MPS spec without BOSE, not other markets.

The i-Stop feature is not suitable for our traffic conditions and climate. I believe that people stand more to benefit if i-Activesense was included instead. However, if the price was around RM120-130K and not higher, then I think it would be ok to consider it with the current bare specs. The excuse of excise duty is not acceptable, as the excise duty has remained the same but the import duty completely removed. So in terms of total tax/duties it should be lower than previously. Furthermore the previous gen CBU units actually came with leather seats, CD changer, rain sensor wipers, etc. So it is considered a serious downgrade when the new CBU comes with bare specs at a much higher price than previous gen.

Pricing and specs of previous gen Mazda 3:
http://paultan.org/2...hed-in-malaysia
Limitations with Mazda i-Stop:
http://www.mazdas247...lem-with-i-stop

fredericra

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

fredericra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I personally said "Worth to buy"