Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sterilizing Your Car Cabin

• Please log in to reply

jklow123

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 11 2014, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only the ozone is a scientifically proven method to kill bacteria and virus. In fact some hospitals use ozone to sterilize rooms because ozone can clean curtains and other surfaces not typically wiped down.

Some professionals have used ozone for years to rid of bad smells such as from bad air, mold, animal and human decomposition smells from rooms.

Ozone is effective but it must be used with care. We shouldn't be in the room if we use the ozone.

I tried ozone generator on durian odour on customer's Elgrand, and results were not impressive.

When any car carpet is soaked for a long time due to leakage, theres a horrible smell.
OZ was used in such a vehicle, and the stench was still there.
But when a big Plasmacluster was running inside the same vehicle throughout the nite, the stench was gone the next morning and did not return. Its bacteria that caused the odour, and when bac is dead, the stench stops.

vr2turbo

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (jklow123 @ Jan 11 2014, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried ozone generator on durian odour on customer's Elgrand, and results were not impressive.

When any car carpet is soaked for a long time due to leakage, theres a horrible smell.
But when a big Plasmacluster was running inside the same vehicle throughout the nite, the stench was gone the next morning and did not return. Its bacteria that caused the odour, and when bac is dead, the stench stops.

No wonder you have 3 in your car..... smile_tongue.gif

jklow123

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 12 2014, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No wonder you have 3 in your car..... smile_tongue.gif

No. I hv 3 cars and each of em has 1 unit of Sharp Plasmacluster.

cbsteh

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
This is what I did. I used the ozone generator PRO 9000:

yesterday. I cleaned my car interior thoroughly: vacuumed then wiped clean using AG Interior Shampoo. I let the surfaces dry for an hour before placing the unit inside my car. I turned the unit on at maximum power. The first five minutes with my air con on (to sterilize my air con system), then the next 25 minutes with the air con off.

The "chlorine" smell was very strong but quickly dissipated within an hour. Nonetheless, it was only this morning that the smell was completely gone.

My car interior has always been very clean and odorless, so I cannot say how effective the ozonation treatment was, but it is good to know I have another tool in my arsenal!

vr2turbo

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (jklow123 @ Jan 12 2014, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I hv 3 cars and each of em has 1 unit of Sharp Plasmacluster.

haha! I thought you had 3 in one car...overdose. Thanks for clarifying.... smile_thumbup.gif

KrisMas

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Nice read and great info here....very informative indeed smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

CoffeeDude

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
QUOTE (jklow123 @ Jan 11 2014, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You ran the Sharp Plasmacluster Ion Generator overnight?

It runs on the Car adapter (DC 12 V) right?

Was the vehicle idling overnight?

vr2turbo

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Jan 13 2014, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think not the Sharp unit, as he mentioned BIG unit.... smile_tongue.gif

jklow123

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Jan 13 2014, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

VR2Turbo was correct.
I put the household unit (Sharp Plasmacluster) into the vehicle, closed all doors, and used masking tape+cloth to seal the gap where the wire snaked in via top of the door window.

CoffeeDude

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
From Sharp Malaysia's web page, the Ion generator can run continuously for 8 hours.
So theoretically it is possible to run it from 12 midnight until 8am smile_big.gif

Of course it will running from a home's power socket using this adapter and not the car's cigarette lighter socket.