Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Is Dsg 7 Issue Resolved?

• Please log in to reply

ryder

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Is this DSG7 issue really that serious? I was looking at the Passat as one of my colleague who test-drove it commented that the drive and refinement of the car are better than the Ford Focus he owns, although in terms of handling the Passat lost to the Focus.

Anybody has any idea if Volkswagen Germany will introduce an all-new Jetta and Passat models with all-new gear transmission, perhaps DSG8 or something?

samt81

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

samt81

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Jan 25 2014, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this DSG7 issue really that serious? I was looking at the Passat as one of my colleague who test-drove it commented that the drive and refinement of the car are better than the Ford Focus he owns, although in terms of handling the Passat lost to the Focus.

Anybody has any idea if Volkswagen Germany will introduce an all-new Jetta and Passat models with all-new gear transmission, perhaps DSG8 or something?

http://www.livelifed...new-md-s-agenda

jamespaul

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
QUOTE (kcng @ Jan 10 2014, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but i push my car hard everyday...

sepang 7 times in 1 year...
3 competitive events...
monthly touge..

36k km now (1 year 2 months car)
DSG7

still no issues leh...

errr....
smile_tongue.gif

question..
prior to owning DSG equipped VW, is your previous car torque converter auto?

your case seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

I know of more than 10 people with DSG7 issues.

And i am not a social butterfly. DSG7 is a real issue as it can really affect safety and drivability of a car.

I will never recommend any car with a DSG7 gearbox.

On another note, the DSG7 is a newer transmission (more efficient and quicker) with comparison to the DSG6 (in GTI).

After all the issues DSG7 faced. VW have put in DSG6 in their 2014 GTI. which speaks volumes.

Also, look at the newest Golf R (2014), DSG6.

Kevin

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (jamespaul @ Feb 26 2014, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your case seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

I know of more than 10 people with DSG7 issues.

And i am not a social butterfly. DSG7 is a real issue as it can really affect safety and drivability of a car.

I will never recommend any car with a DSG7 gearbox.

On another note, the DSG7 is a newer transmission (more efficient and quicker) with comparison to the DSG6 (in GTI).

After all the issues DSG7 faced. VW have put in DSG6 in their 2014 GTI. which speaks volumes.

Also, look at the newest Golf R (2014), DSG6.

DSG6 is the MKVII GTI is expected as it was never VW's intention for the DSG7 to replace the DSG6. DSG6 will be maintained as the gearbox for higher output engines with DSG7 as the gearbox for lower output engines.

DC18

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
DSG7 also have wet clutch in DQ500 and have not heard of much issue on the DQ500. Maybe due to low VW model application.

IMO, the failure most probably due to dry clutch as happen to other dual dry clutch in other car brand

eddie73

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

eddie73

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
VW MD said the issue can be resolved with changing of transmission oil to mineral ones.

Anyone has experience after change?

GURJIT

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

GURJIT

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
http://www.livelifed...ia-headquarters

jamespaul

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
VW will stop producing DSG7 (dry) after they've sold all their current stock. which is at least until 2016

in the future their Gearbox supplier has no plans to build anymore Dry DSG for use.

the follow cars in their stable currently uses this faulty gearbox:
- CC
- Passat
- Beetle 1.2, 1.4
- Polo 1.2
- Jetta
- Cross Touran

I would personally advise anyone from buying these cars as these cars have known issues.

-------------------------
I totally understand why people would want to buy a VW as VW cars are usually fast, economical and handles well. but in Malaysia, you cannot afford to change your car so often and people usually keep their cars for 5 years or more.

VW turbo has had their issues with the MK6 golf 1.4. they replaced it with MK7 all-new engine. People see it has pushing the envelop but in reality that engine created a lot of issues with oil consumption and turbo heating. so they've stopped producing twin-charged engines.

Most car reviewers usually rate VW cars highly because their test period is for a few hours or in extended cases, 1 week.

for driving first impressions, VW probably will nail it. but for long term usage, i think they've floundered badly.

nick900

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:19 AM

nick900

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,603 posts
thanks for the tip
|=X0-[00]-0X=|

rcz

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

rcz

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (jamespaul @ Mar 17 2014, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VW will stop producing DSG7 (dry) after they've sold all their current stock. which is at least until 2016 in the future their Gearbox supplier has no plans to build anymore Dry DSG for use.

the follow cars in their stable currently uses this faulty gearbox:
- CC
- Passat
- Beetle 1.2, 1.4
- Polo 1.2
- Jetta
- Cross Touran

I would personally advise anyone from buying these cars as these cars have known issues....

Thanks "jamespaul". smile_thumbup.gif
I've just dropped Polo GTi as one of the options in my y2015 shoping list for conti B-segment hot-hatch due to Problematic 7-speed dry clutch DSG!. fing30.gif
Now TWO contenders left. smile_question.gif