Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Diy Sports Air Filter

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
i am on mc today due to some discomfort on my back and right hand....to cut it short suspected slip disc.

was sleeping half the day when i woke up and had nothing to do.
i recall my small project of converting a standard pajero air filter into a sports air filter.

its in the pic below.
i heat the frame to remove the old glue and paper cartridge which is the fun part as it involves fire when it gets too hot...heheh

cleaned in.pu the frame back together using gasket maker...the grey silicone like stuff.
bought an aircon filter at Daiso,cut it to length and stick the end using the fastener provided.done...

will try it this week...that if i am not warded...heheh

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
cant upload photo...will upload soon

vr2turbo

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,561 posts
Brother, Daiso air con filter? Is the filter good enough as car air filtration?

Gunnerzz

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 15 2013, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brother, Daiso air con filter? Is the filter good enough as car air filtration?

so far so good on my waja but on the waja i used it as additional dust trap.dust and small sand is easily catch by the filter.

it needs sturdy frame in order to filter dust.

i also used it as additional filter layer on a stainless steel drop in air filter as the drop in filter is not able to filter minute particle.
works fine but neeeds replacemmt every 5k km.

vr2turbo

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,561 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 15 2013, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so far so good on my waja but on the waja i used it as additional dust trap.dust and small sand is easily catch by the filter.

it needs sturdy frame in order to filter dust.

i also used it as additional filter layer on a stainless steel drop in air filter as the drop in filter is not able to filter minute particle.
works fine but neeeds replacemmt every 5k km.

If you are using s fine filter to trap dust first it defeats the purpose of the stainless steel filter, right? The coarse opening of the stainless steel filter suppose to let air in faster.
I tried before doing a double layer filtering but my performance went down, air starvation. Remove it then all okay...hahaha smile_big.gif