Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Coil Spring Cushion Buffer

• Please log in to reply

akumaliew

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

akumaliew

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Anyone uses this ?? is it ready works as claimed:

# Helps restore spring tension
# Provides life to sagging coil spring
# Reduces noise and vibration from suspension components
# Enchances drivability
# Improve stopping capability

Want to hear from someone already install this...

vr2turbo

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (akumaliew @ Nov 8 2013, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone uses this ?? is it ready works as claimed:

# Helps restore spring tension
# Provides life to sagging coil spring
# Reduces noise and vibration from suspension components
# Enchances drivability
# Improve stopping capability

Want to hear from someone already install this...

If your springs are soft already it may help cushion the noise and vibration of the springs. Other then that, I don't feel it helps in other areas... smile_blackeye.gif

akumaliew

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

akumaliew

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 9 2013, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your springs are soft already it may help cushion the noise and vibration of the springs. Other then that, I don't feel it helps in other areas... smile_blackeye.gif

Ok then... maybe not planing to install it.. i read your old post about something to change to air intake ratio that your mech help to install... how is that project doing? maybe can apply in my car... wira 1.3 carb.. in kuching, sarawak...

mosh

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
2 of my rear hotbits adjustable got some problem on the mounting thread. the thread makan edi after open the suspension and i cant screw it tightly.. so have to open up and the workshop source a local brand sport absorber & sport spring for meantime. as this is for my satria neo that i currently use for race and gymkhana. sport suspension paired with sport spring do give the desired low height and sure does stiff but the stiffness still does not meet my requirement. ( body roll )
as i was low on budget i have to do some temporary DIY or cheapo improvement till i get enuff cash to repair the adjustable suspension. so i resorted to put on coil spring cushion buffer. not the AMT or the black rubber one.. i wanna buy the urethane one but it was the budget restrict it.. so, i have to buy the middle range silicon buffer that cost around RM25 per pair. bought front and back and fitted in the middle of the suspension.

i was quite suprised on the outcome as the stiffness is somewhere somehow near the stiffness of the adjustable suspension. the height was lifted a bit by 5cm but i like it. now can take sharp corner without fearing the car massive body roll.

setback was, as being experienced by many out there. it wont last long. so i expect the bushing will be wear off around 6 mnt-1 year from now.

my verdict - a cool stuff to temp remedial the suspension system prob in a very budget way. and a way to provide maybe 6 mnt-1 year buffer for you to save some money incase your absorber is near kong. when the buffer fails, you got the cash to buy new suspension edi.

smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
The harder type fitted in between one coil actually helps to hold the compression in that coil, therefore if your have like 7 coils it works as if got 6 only.... smile_tongue.gif
That is why I mentioned if your springs already soft it would not help much.... smile_blackeye.gif

mosh

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 13 2013, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The harder type fitted in between one coil actually helps to hold the compression in that coil, therefore if your have like 7 coils it works as if got 6 only.... smile_tongue.gif
That is why I mentioned if your springs already soft it would not help much.... smile_blackeye.gif

yezza.. smile_thumbup.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Nov 13 2013, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yezza.. smile_thumbup.gif

Is it the yellow one?
If yes yhen it will last long under normal usage.for normal usage it helps reduces minor vibration.
if the coil spring has large gap between the coils then under heavy load there might be some unnatural feeling
during the compression stroke as the buffer takes the load.

mosh is using the thinner one like one would used on most rear suspension as ot has smaller gaps between
the coil.therefore it will be stiff without giving the mushy feeling under heavy compression

never heard of urethene type b4.

On another note,ive change the anti roll bar bush to the hard urethen type.i was wrong notto expect much
other than it looks good in blue.
the rear end where i installed it have better response and tracks the front better.
feels like left and right is more connected.however as mosh said, i wont expect it to last long as
i do believe it will split or crack with heavy duty usage.
i also installed it on the pajero front anti roll bar.the effect is the left or right have better response to the other
side during cornering.

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts

I am using this type

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20131024_WA0005.jpg

mosh

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
yellow one is expensive and made of urethane such as TTC brand
and the high quality silicon such as RBACH
http://www.mudah.my/...8643.htm?last=1

since i am not using it for a longer period and as a temporary solution till i fix my adjustable.. i stick with the brand DRT

my arb bushing ( tulang anjing ) is still ok, so no need to change

vr2turbo

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Nov 14 2013, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yellow one is expensive and made of urethane such as TTC brand
and the high quality silicon such as RBACH
http://www.mudah.my/...8643.htm?last=1

since i am not using it for a longer period and as a temporary solution till i fix my adjustable.. i stick with the brand DRT

my arb bushing ( tulang anjing ) is still ok, so no need to change

I thought made of rubber to cushion? If urethrae then not cushion effect but more stiffening effect.... smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 14 2013, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am using this type

It will help in some ways. Due to it being stiffer, less free play.... smile_thumbup.gif